Mississippi
Options

Lonely wedding planning

I have only been living in MS for a year and my fiance and I are getting married 10-11-12. I only knew him moving here, and havent had the options of making very many new friends. My friends and family are almost 900 miles away and I have a wedding to plan! I have no idea about local venues, local services like photographers, florists, DJs, etc, and it seems that, for example, the venues I do know about and like, are already booked! Here I am 11 months away, and the stress and lonely, empty planning is starting to wear on me. Some people I have talked to say its better to put your money elsewhere when it comes to hiring a wedding planner, but in my case, I feel this might not be true. I am starting to get a little sad about the whole thing, and I know this should be a fun and exciting time. What should I do? Where do I turn? I just want to have a beautiful wedding and start my new life with the guy of my dreams in good ole MS.

Re: Lonely wedding planning

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where are you in MS? I'm in south MS. This board isn't all that busy but there are still some people on here that can suggests vendors. I'm sure it's difficult not having family near to share in the wedding planning. I don't have a lot of family to share with but I'm very blessed to have wonderful friends and the creative ladies on the The Knot! I've gotten lots of great ideas here and realized I'm a crafty person. I'll be happy to help anyway I can. If you'd like to keep in contact other than here, you can PM your email to me or I can send mine to you.

Cheer up! You're getting married!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Our wedding date is June 2, 2012

104 invited 77 accepted! 27 can't make it Finally tracked down the procrastinators!

• Options
    LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww, don't be sad! Where are you located? I can definitely give you some ideas. And if you're around here (Jackson Metro), I'll gladly meet up for coffee or something with you.. I can always use a new friend!

MS is the hospitality state! There's so many great people here, I'm sure you'll find some friends in no time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the Jackson area.  I would love to help you in anyway that I can.  There are many great venues here in Mississippi.  I'm getting married October 20, 2012 not too far from you!  Are you on a budget?  Have you already gotten your dress?  I would love to help you in anyway that I can. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What part of Ms are you in . I just moved to Ms as well luckily I have an awesome cousin that has been my legs in my weding planning while I was out of state . What exactly are you looking for help in my mom decorate weddinngs & receptions .
  • Options
    I just moved here too. My family is about 600 miles away.I felt a lonely at first too, but once you start making some plans you will feel more excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards