California-Los Angeles

Jose Villa Price Ranges?

Hi Ladies,

I'm a former Knottie from a few years back and now have a question to ask for a friend getting married. Does anyone know what Jose Villa's price ranges for a Saturday wedding? She would want a package with an album included; about a 6 hour or so block. He hasn't been good about responding to any e-mail requestes from her. Any help would be great. I think he started at $6K in 2007 . . .

Thanks in advance!

Knottie AnnieBellini

Re: Jose Villa Price Ranges?

• TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_jose-villa-price-ranges-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:03432efa-8ed2-4f90-b647-5e238d824d95Post:5a6ca0b0-fd27-482f-8d20-2011a956aad3">Jose Villa Price Ranges?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies, I'm a former Knottie from a few years back and now have a question to ask for a friend getting married. Does anyone know what Jose Villa's price ranges for a Saturday wedding? She would want a package with an album included; about a 6 hour or so block. <strong>He hasn't been good about responding to any e-mail requestes from her</strong>. Any help would be great. I think he started at $6K in 2007 . . . Thanks in advance! Knottie AnnieBellini
    Posted by AnnieBellini[/QUOTE]

If this is the case, does she REALLY want to have her wedding there???

I would have second thoughts if he wasnt responding well now...just my opinion...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011
    TysWife, Jose Villa is a photographer, not venue...though the name sounds like a place! His photos are AMAZING- many of the LA weddings that are featured on Style Me Pretty are shot by him.

I think we don't hear much about him on the knot because of his prices....totally out of the price range for most of us who are/were trying to plan reasonable weddings and looking for good deals. If money was no issue for me, though, I totally would have tried to get him for ours!

So unfortunately, I am no help for the original poster. But I'm jealous if your friend is able to book Jose Villa!
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CLEARLY I missed the album part...lol

I would still have my doubts about booking him though because of the response thing.
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011
    When I was thinking about having my wedding in Hawaii, I remember seeing a knottie bio on there of someone who used him.  It was a while ago, and I honestly can't remember who it was.  I think it was the Maui board-you could try asking over there.  

He is seriously one of the best.  I didn't even bother to contact him because I knew he would be out of our price range, but I love his work!  
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at getting him for my 2009 wedding and if I remember correctly, he's now into the $8000 range.... give or take a bit. But he's amazing and totally worth it, IMO if you have the money... HTH!
  • chiweeweechiweewee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nice to "see" you, Annie.

Unless he's having email issues (which you'd think someone of his fame would fix right away), I would tell your friend to be extremely cautious. Regardless of how wonderful his photos are, this is sometimes a very good indicator of how a vendor will treat you and your wedding. Granted, it was't Jose, but I had this very same experience (and so much more) and it really put a damper on my wedding memories. I ignored the signs that I shouldn't have!

Good luck to her in her search!
  • AnnieBelliniAnnieBellini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!
  • caryglammedupcaryglammedup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I asked in 2009 I believe he was 9k -- basic.
  • echavez311echavez311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    His pricing starts at $8000.  I have his rate sheet if you need it.  I contacted him in March, so his prices probably haven't changed much from then.  I can email you the list if you'd like.
  • edited December 2011
    There are a lot of 'jose villa'esque photographers out there nowadays.

jill thomas took his photo class and has a similar style. I also love his style and shoot similarly but still staying true to my own style. and I am still affordable as opposed to these 'rock star' photogs.

my work is here www.freshinlove.com

oh or have a look at jen huang. she's also similar. 
    hope that helps you.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,
    can you send me his price list?

thanks! xxx
  • lkayne1lkayne1 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_jose-villa-price-ranges-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:03432efa-8ed2-4f90-b647-5e238d824d95Post:f467d19a-1273-4703-98bf-0bbf52890c87">Re: Jose Villa Price Ranges?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, can you send me his price list? thanks! xxx
    Posted by KalaLucci[/QUOTE]

I inquired a couple months ago (2012), and his most basic package starts at 9K, with no albums included, just negatives and you also have to pay for travel time and taxes. Pricey, but he is a legend. We ended up booking another photographer becuase that was out of our price range, but I wish I could afford him!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_jose-villa-price-ranges-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:03432efa-8ed2-4f90-b647-5e238d824d95Post:8cb3da4d-fe79-43d0-b38d-531a4d4ce530">Re: Jose Villa Price Ranges?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jose Villa Price Ranges? : I inquired a couple months ago (2012), and his most basic package starts at 9K, with no albums included, just negatives and you also have to pay for travel time and taxes. Pricey, but he is a legend. We ended up booking another photographer becuase that was out of our price range, but I wish I could afford him!
    Posted by lkayne1[/QUOTE]

<div>Could anyone send me a pretty recent price list from Jose? I'm looking into a couple photographers and my fiance loves Jose's work. </div>
  • lkayne1, which photographer did you end up going with?
  • Could someone fwd me jose pricing? Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards