Florida-North Florida
Options

Military Brides in Jax & Reception Venue Help!!

Has anyone used the Officers Club on NAS Jacksonville for their reception venue?I love the view of the St. Johns River and the Oak Tree's - but the building itself isn't the nicest looking thing from the outside. I haven't actually been inside of it yet, but I'm wondering how helpful (being the military) that they are. It's definitely something I want to look into thanks to the 7% tax florida has.
Does anyone have any great reviews for a Reception Venue? We just moved here in March and I'm still pretty uncertain about everything here. I've been looking into the Winterbourne Inn and the River City Brewing Co. I'm looking for something that has their own catering, and tables/linens etc. Anything that I can bundle together with that would be better. Thanks in advance!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Military Brides in Jax & Reception Venue Help!!

• Options
    Navywife310Navywife310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to 2 weddings here and almost had mine there. The food was AMAZING! The first wedding was in 2005 and the second was just this past January. I'll use the second wedding as my point of reference for this review since it was the most recent. Like I said, the food was amazing. The Ballroom is decent. There are two ballrooms... So you more than likely will have another bride accros the hall from you, if you don't mind. It's WAY easier to get your guest on base now. You used to have to have the car's VIN number, tag number, the guests social, name, numbers, first child (ok that last one I made up, but you get the idea lol). Like I said, I would have went with it, but I am actually having my wedding at The Winterbourne lol Candace is awesome to work with.

To help you out: NAS is your generic "hotel" type of wedding feel with a large space and awesome food. The Winterbourne is your cozy comfortable wedding with a smaller space to work with and awesome food. Either one, you're on the water ;)

Sorry this is so long! I just wanted you to really get a feel for both places!! Good luck on your choice!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I really appreciate it! I know the building it's self doesn't look great, but the view is beautiful in my opinion. I'm just kind of worried about how hard it would be to make the inside (which I haven't seen yet) look nice. I know not to expect much, because well its the military lol. But I'll definitely have to look further into it for sure.
    I've been eyeing the Winterbourne actually as well as the River City Brewing Co and River City Catering. I'd love to do the Winterbourne, I'm not sure how willing they are to work with? It's an intimate wedding, and $2,500 food minimum just seems to be a LOT.

Thanks so much for your input!
  • Options
    KMSchwabKMSchwab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married in March 2010 at the Protestant Chapel on Base and had her reception at the O-Club.  Both were lovely, and the O-Club backs up to the water so there is good opportunities to take pictures too.  Hope this helps
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks KM. The military chapel seems to be completely disorganized. But I'll definitely be checking out the O club. :) I appreciate the input.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards