Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Let's Chat about it Monday!

It's Monday! Please feel free to AW (with Pics of course lol) or tell us about your "Checks" (aka your WR or NWR accomplishments) from over the weekend and your wedding goals for the week.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Let's Chat about it Monday!

• I finally found purple shoes.  I'm scared of the heel tho. lol
    I also paid my photographer and reverend in full.  I've been doing DIY fabric pomander balls and I think I'm in over my head with this project.  I'll have to reconsider what I'll be hanging on my shepherd's hooks. 

But here is the pic of my purple wedding shoes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG Look at those shoes! They are FAB! I could never walk in anything like that..lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another accomplished weekend for us.  We picked up and stuffed (most of) our invitations!  Right on schedule to get them out at the 2 month mark!  We visited our jeweler again, and he's making my wedding band this week.  My first bridal shower is this coming weekend, so I got a start on some thank yous for gifts that were sent to the house (although I won't send them until after the shower). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I decided to look at my "to do checklist" here on The Knot this weekend...I was able to check off 17 things..so I kinda feel ahead of the game (for now). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We ordered our wedding cake this weekend. They gave us free tickets to a bridal show this sunday at king's caterers in levittown. We have our food tasting march 10th so I can finalize our options and get our rsvp cards printed. I can't believe we need to send them out in a month.
  • We signed the contract for the reception venue and the church and are waiting for the contract from the photographer. I also contacted some DJs to get pricing information. Goal for this week is to make an appointment to go dress shopping!

Also, I'm getting my new car tonight! I'm excited but also kind of sad to be getting rid of my current car. We've been through a lot together and I have this irrational fear that it's going to feel like I'm abandoning it.

I just found Spice Girls Greatest Hits in the car and I may or may not be copying it onto my computer to put the songs on my iPod.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to look at invitations this weekend. I am just waiting for my rough draft to review everything.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We sent in our deposit for our photographer, Maria Mack! So excited! Also went to the Radnor Hotel Bridal Show which was probably one of the better shows I've been to.  :-)

This is a dumb question but I can't find the answer anywhere on these boards.  What does AW,WR, and NWR stand for?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-chat-about-it-monday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b649edb9-acd9-4fa9-a290-c4de89521e74Post:2e342934-690d-4566-b61c-9cebd6fc0d11">Re: Let's Chat about it Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We sent in our deposit for our photographer, Maria Mack! So excited! Also went to the Radnor Hotel Bridal Show which was probably one of the better shows I've been to.  :-) This is a dumb question but I can't find the answer anywhere on these boards.  What does <strong>AW, WR, and NWR stand for</strong>?
    Posted by jmozul01[/QUOTE]

It's not a dumb question lol
    AW -Attention Whore ( bragging about what you've accomplished..it's a good thing on here :)
    WR- Wedding Related
    NWR- Non/Not Wedding Related
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My weekend was pretty productive! Saturday I paid off the limo and set the itinerary, paid off my florist, purchased some goodies for the reception, bought a new camera, finished my seating chart and wrapped my BM and GM gifts! Still have to finalize the seating chart and do my programs within the next 2 weeks.

I was supposed to do my boudoir shoot yesterday but it got cancelled :( Setting it up for next Sunday! So, instead I headed over my BM house for another hair trial. 

Oh and other good news...I did some calculating last night since we pretty much have our final numbers and it looks like I only owe the hall about $2k for the final payment! I was expecting 5k! My very generous parents are still giving us the 5k as promised, so I can use that to pay off my photographer! Whooo hooo!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • t's not a dumb question lol
    AW -Attention Whore ( bragging about what you've accomplished..it's a good thing on here :)
    WR- Wedding Related
    NWR- Non/Not Wedding Related

I need a cheat sheet for all of the acronyms on here lol.
    imageAnniversary
  • jessa1228jessa1228 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-chat-about-it-monday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b649edb9-acd9-4fa9-a290-c4de89521e74Post:f28a7ca3-634e-4508-bf44-954b09be3b27">Re: Let's Chat about it Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just found Spice Girls Greatest Hits in the car and I may or may not be copying it onto my computer to put the songs on my iPod.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ha! :-D</div><div>
    </div><div>I actually didn't get anything WR accomplished. I was supposed to have another florist consult last Thursday but that got pushed back to this week. So I have one tomorrow and one on Wednesday, and then hopefully I'll be able to make a final decision and book a florist by the end of this week.

</div>
    Anniversary
  • I posted something last night but looks like TK ate it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, my post is gone too and so are a few posts that I saw last night... BlissPhilly started a thread about some other posts and games we could do and that's gone too.
  • Yeah I just noticed my thread about the Games is gone! I didn't even get a chance to check it after I posted it so I have NO idea what everyone's responses were...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually don't think there were any responses, it disappeared pretty soon after you posted it so maybe you could post it again!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_lets-chat-about-it-monday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b649edb9-acd9-4fa9-a290-c4de89521e74Post:0c2ac95c-9417-4c37-b69e-a466d4b4f7d0">Re: Let's Chat about it Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually don't think there were any responses, it disappeared pretty soon after you posted it so maybe you could post it again!
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

Did it really?! Okay I'll post it again...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards