New York-Long Island

Westbury Manor

I just looked at the Westbury Manor and I really excited about the place.  I really like a lot of things about and thinking about possible booking my wedding there.  I just wanted to hear anyone else's opinions about the place. 
Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Westbury Manor

• edited December 2011
    If you go into the search there are a lot of topics where you find helpful informations :)
  • edited December 2011
    liweddings.com

try there for some reviews.Westbury Manor is down the block from my house - i've been there for Thanksgiving and the food has always been really good. In addition, my family and I ate at their restaurant - soooo good.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at Westbury Manor, they were my 3rd choice. Didnt do a food tasting but the grounds are absolutely gorgeous. I didn't book with them because I got a better deal on price and extras at Leonards.
  • edited December 2011

LegalDiva what day are you doing your wedding?  If you don't mind me asking how much are you paying for Leonards's.  From the pictures they look really nice, but I love that old feel and comfortable feel that I got from the Westbury Manor. 

Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_westbury-manor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:f99e76aa-d6fa-4c70-a546-b3df1061dcb1Post:76584bc0-2f1b-4c97-b67a-710935ccf04c">Re: Westbury Manor</a>:
    [QUOTE]LegalDiva what day are you doing your wedding?  If you don't mind me asking how much are you paying for Leonards's.  From the pictures they look really nice, but I love that old feel and comfortable feel that I got from the Westbury Manor. 
    Posted by laxchick20183[/QUOTE]

It was a Friday wedding and Westbury Manor quoted me $ 88/person for Saturday Oct 9th because the 8th wasn't available (when we got engaged, I originally wanted Oct 10th but my church only does weddings on Oct 8th and 9th). Leonards quoted me at least $ 20 less than that . Swan Club was my 2nd choice - they quoted me $ 72/person for Friday and I think $ 78 for Sat or Sunday 10/10. The only reason I didn't book Swan Club was because we already paid Leonards an initial deposit to hold the date and the room inside the Swan Club was smaller than I had pictured.

Any other q's - feel free to PM me. I posted my quotes from all the RH's on the "how much did you pay Vendors" thread on LIW (LIWeddings) board but I found there was too many NWR and petty drama amongst the 2010 girls that I don't bother even lurking over there anymore. I can tell you my LIW user name and more (since I had over 1K posts) over PM if you'd like.

Congrats!
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    the only issue i have with it is more than one event at a time. otherwise it's lovely. we didn't consider it b/c of the 'more than one' part but i've been to events there in the past. no complaints.

• R.WilsonnyR.Wilsonny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_westbury-manor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:f99e76aa-d6fa-4c70-a546-b3df1061dcb1Post:99469e51-400a-4ee4-810c-495dd457ec31">Re: Westbury Manor</a>:
    [QUOTE]the only issue i have with it is more than one event at a time. otherwise it's lovely. we didn't consider it b/c of the 'more than one' part but i've been to events there in the past. no complaints.
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]

We also checked out Westbury Manor and got to see the place in action while there were multiple events happening. I am actually glad we went at this time, because had we not, we may have decided to have our wedding there. The place IS absolutely beautiful, don't get me wrong, but they have multiple events, which might not be so bad if the place were bigger. When we were there, it was so crowded and chaotic with people stepping all over each other.

We are having our wedding at Swan Club....absolutely LOVE the gardens and am super excited to be having the reception there - I've heard nothing but good things about the place too, so I feel 100% confident that it will be nothing short of excellent :)
  • edited December 2011
    Decided against it because of the Price/ Quality rating,..

in the place of my choice I got for 10 bucks more SOOOO MUCH MORE !! And i am the only bride on the day, which is really important for them !
  • annalevina22annalevina22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked a wedding at Westbury Manor. It's absolutely beautiful there. The "more than one event" part is unfortunately true. But if you are planning a small wedding (under 100 guests) this would be the condition you'll have to live with at pretty much any wedding venue. At Westbury there are two separate floors where the events are taking place so you wouldn't even see the guests of the second event.
  • R.WilsonnyR.Wilsonny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_westbury-manor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:f99e76aa-d6fa-4c70-a546-b3df1061dcb1Post:029d2f4f-0cff-4f97-8f14-f51edcbc7c15">Re: Westbury Manor</a>:
    [QUOTE] At Westbury there are two separate floors where the events are taking place so you wouldn't even see the guests of the second event.
    Posted by annalevina22[/QUOTE]

I would not be so sure about that.....the day that we went, there were multiple events happening and everyone was on top of each other......
  • scaponescapone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @laxchick20183 - I just booked my wedding at Westbury Manor for October 2012! I absolutely love it. I have never heard one complaint about the food, service or the more than one event issue. I have been to a christening there and we were on the second floor and there was a wedding going on downstairs. No one was on top of each other and they did a very good job at keeping the parties separate. When you go there you will also see that it is hard for the parties to get mixed because one is on one end and the other is on the other end. If you're having a larger wedding you will have all of the grounds, 2 rooms plus the outside for cocktails and the main ballroom. Its beautiful! If you go, make an appointment with Ian.
  • matyjo1128matyjo1128 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Scapone :) i am visiting the manor on Sunday, the 16th and one of two of my possible dates are in October/Novermber next year. If you dont mind me asking, how much did u end up paying?? and what day of the week did you book? i would like to have a spring wedding, but i am well aware that the colder it gets, the cheaper it is, lol. Thanks so much & best of luck!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked my wedding at Westbury Manor for July, 2012. I fell in love after visting 3 other places I am confident that my wedding will be a hit, I have heard and read nothing but great reviews. See Natasha shes wounderful and threw in a lot of extra's at no extra charge :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards