New Hampshire

Weekend update!

Hair - I had my hair trial Friday. I really like it. We're going to pull the entire design down so it sits lower on my head. I can't believe the next time I see her will be on the big day! I also set the big chop appointment for the Monday after the wedding!

Dress fitting - It still doesn't fit. Yikes. There is still a fairly large gap between my chest. I have a second "final fitting" on Friday at 7, and I will probably be in tears if it still doesn't fit. Right now I'm planning on wearing the straps in a halter style during the reception, but I really really really wanted it to be strapless. It stays up just fine, but anyone who is taller than me or stands at the right angle behind me can see right into my dress! 

Bachelorette Party - Pretty amazing. My friends rock. We saw Fast Times, an 80s cover band based out of Boston.

Re: Weekend update!

• edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about the dress!  I had my final fitting on Sat. too and it still needs a few stitches put in so it's not gaping at the bust.  I'm sure they'll be able to fix it.  Can you use some body tape as well to help keep it down?
    Let us know how it goes.  And glad to hear the your bachelorette went well. 
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, we're going to have to use double sided tape to keep it flat, which I don't mind, but I'm starting to stress!!!
  • Megglez2008Megglez2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going for my final fitting next week, and I'm having a similar issue with the gap at the top. She said we'd wait until the final one to see how much it needed to be tucked at the top. I just don't want people staring down my dress since I'm short!
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck with the dress fittings ladies! I'm sure it will all work out and you will all look gorgeous on your days!
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • mrussell1983mrussell1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck with it! I am interested to see how fittings go in about a year or so! I will keep in mind that others have had similar issues that I am fearing I will have - keep us posted on the progress!

Also, Chica, it looks like you had an amazing time at your bachelorette party! The pictures are great, thanks for sharing :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think I have/going to have that problem with my dress as well!

I hope it all works out for you! And you bach party looks/sounds like it was fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The bachlorette party photos are great....glad you had a good time.  Hope the dress fitting goes well.  It's getting really close!
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards