Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Friends are getting married in a private ceremony

Our friends are getting married in a week in a private ceremony that we were not invited to. they only have about 30 people going to their ceremony. They say they are having their reception this summer. Would we get them a gift now? or just wait to hear about their upcoming reception?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friends are getting married in a private ceremony

• Options
    I would bring something to the part that I was actually invited to, if I could.  It makes more sense to me to bring the gift to the reception later on since they didn't want a large attendance for the ceremony. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    We had a 30 person wedding (I'll say semi-private because our 1 MOH & 1 BM + 2 sets of godparents are not related so it technically wasnt private/family only) but anyway I had a ton of people - friends of mine, family friends, OOT family etc- send gifts before the wedding and I was floored. 

I didnt expect anything from anyone who was not invited.  So, to answer your question, give them a gift whenever you want- it'll be great whenever you give it.  There may be some after after Christmas clearance sales on now though... just a thought
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards