Attire & Accessories Forum

Wedding gown website advice?

Hi,
I'm just getting started on the wedding planning , and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on gown buying.  Has anyone ever heard of www.peridress.com (I'm looking at Casablanca gowns for only a couple hundred $ when retail is about $1000)  or wholesalegowndress.com (They have maggie sottero for about $450 which is half the retail price)?  I'm almost positive they both sell copies of designers.
THe other site I've looked at is www.mydress4less where they have Casablanca gowns for 25% off the retail, including free shipping and free veil.

I know it's rather risky to purchase a wedding dress online, but any advice helps!

Thanks!

- Ilana

Lana105@yahoo.com

Re: Wedding gown website advice?

• A lot of designers only authorize brick-and-mortar stores to sell their dresses, so most websites selling them are fakes.  There are a few websites (Pearl's Place, RK bridal, Jay's Bridal, to name a few) that have physical, brick-and-mortar stores which are authorized to sell the dresses, and then they have websites on top of that to reach a larger market.  THOSE are real dresses. 

A good rule of thumb is to look at the price.  If it's too good to be true, it usually is.  Any website selling dresses for that cheap is selling replicas of the original dress.  Designers usually have a base price at which the retailers can NOT go belowwithout breaking their contract, so that's that.

If you're looking to get an actual designer's dress and not just a replica, and you want to save a lot, I would recommend going through oncewed.com or preownedweddingdresses.com.  Those are girls who are selling their authentic gowns after having worn themo nce (for their wedding) or not at all (got a new dress, called off the wedding, whatever).  You can save a bundle that way. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • I purchased my Casablanca from Jay's (at a discount) and also got a free veil and free shipping.  You should really look on their site.  Also, Maggie's are never sold that cheaply.  Maggie gowns have a bottom price that no salon or website can go under.  Good luck!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards