Getting in Shape

Valentines Day 2012 Challenge!!

Re: Valentines Day 2012 Challenge!!

• twissy94 - So it was little warmer today, hopefully it'll keep warming up so we can keep up this challenge in FL. Ive been eating well but slacking on the exercise. Today I ran around in the back yard, then had to come in side to warm up :(.

Hope everyone is doing great. I know we can do it!! :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • That's great to see everyone doing so well! I've been pretty good about food since the start of the year and have been playing on my wii  for an hour or two a day, working up a good sweat. Can't wait to see the results!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_valentines-day-2012-challenge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:bc710b06-552e-409c-b0c7-b81fed00dd35Post:7169a2d6-855f-411c-8ba3-3a059da216ef">Re: Valentines Day 2012 Challenge!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been really really great with my foods this week - bought almost every vegetable in the grocery store on Sunday and have ben having big salads for lunch and diner with just some fresh lemon juice on top and sometimes a sprinkle of evoo with some tofu or black beans and my water intake has been crazy, but I can't find my real exercise motivation - I'm a little tired and almost feel like I'm detoxing from all the bad foods and alcohol over the past few weeks. Also torridhare I friended you on myfitness pal :)
    Posted by quiggels219[/QUOTE]

Quiggels219 I think I need to do a detox like that! I am just the opposite. I am good with working out but no so great on food choices. This week with the cold weather I actually have been craving things I never really eat(steak).

Oh well, I won't beat myself up, it is a new day and a new opportunity to do better!

Let's keep going ladies!
  • AJZMOMMY, they say weight loss is more about what you eat rather than excercise. I think its like 75% diet and 25% excercise, so don't be so hard on yourself. Me on the other hand need to clean up my eating.

I am so happy it is Friday! Can't wait for 4:30. We leave early on Fridays!!!(shhh)Wink

• Hey ladies! So how are we tracking everything?? Do we have a certain day we are weighing in and posting? I weighed this morning because I haven't weighed in a while and I have lost 5 pounds! I started eating better and got back on track right after christmas!
    Soon to be Mrs. Roberts :)Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• also I joined myfitness pal! username: kmd1689. Please befriend me! I am new at this :)

• oh ok. I see this now! I may weigh again on sunday. I am trying to only weigh one day a week or I get obsessive about weighing.  If not you can keep my weight now as SW:231 GW:220 CW:226 Lost 5 lbs!

• edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_valentines-day-2012-challenge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:bc710b06-552e-409c-b0c7-b81fed00dd35Post:6018877e-a5ae-4940-a5ce-04116a436fb3">Re: Valentines Day 2012 Challenge!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]also I joined myfitness pal! username: kmd1689. Please befriend me! I am new at this :)
    Posted by kendalldavis[/QUOTE]

<div>sent you a request. myfitnesspal helped me so much in losing the weight I lost before my Oct wedding.</div><div>
    </div><div>And congrats on the 5 lbs! That's amazing. Keep it up!</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Happy Sunday! Like @kendalldavis, I've been really on track since you started the challenge- no refined sugar, alcohol and I've even been to the gym. New current weight- 136.0! It seems like a lot, but I gained the weight really quickly, so I am glad it is coming off quickly- was worried I'd be stuck. Super glad though because my wedding is only 4 days after V-day! Good luck to everyone weighing in today!
  • Happy Sunday Everyone!

I'll be updating everyone's new current weights to the first thread today. I only lost .5 lbs; however a lot of my friends have been commenting on how they can already see a change. Maybe it's the whole muscle weighs more than fat thing?

Good luck everyone, and if anyone has a myfitnesspal account, post your username here and I'm sure everyone will add you. :)
    I love this man.

Photobucket

Can vacation be now please? Vacation
  • Hey everybody :) I'm weighing in at 159 lbs today so I've lost a pound so far in the challenge. I'm so excited! Hope everyone is doing well and I'm excited to see how we all end up.
  • Not sure exactly how it happened, but the scale says I'm down 3 pounds, from 173 to 170. It may not be completely accurate, but sure makes me feel a lot better. Dropped a little in my body fat percentage as well so that makes me think that I likely did drop some weight this past week.

I did make it to a kickboxing class, swam twice, went to a yoga class, rode and ran several times and was really trying to pay attention to what I was eating. Overall it felt pretty good to be back on track. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was at 166 and I still am at 166.
    Yesterday I went home for my mom's 50th birthday. I thought we were just going to go out to a nice dinner. Turns out that my stepdad had planned a surprise party at the restaurant and invited all of her friends. He also never told me about it, so it was a surprise to me as well. Needless to say I definitely indulged - tons of bread, lobster tails, mashed potatoes, green beans, a wedge salad, cake, and ice cream for dessert. I seriously feel like I gained ninety pounds! I've been so sick today. But I think that's why there was no weight change. On the (semi) plus side, at least my weight didn't go up! Hoping that this week is way more productive. School starts again so that means I'll be gymin' it up all this week!
  • I am currently down to 174. Trying to lose weight while dealing with the monthly weight gain/bloated/craziness has not been easy. Hopefully the next week will be better and I won't be craving to eat everything in sight.

Myfitnesspal user name is Jen102011. Feel free to add me.
  • I think my scale was retarded when I did my first weigh in at 143, cuz on 1/1/12 I was 150, and today I am 147--so 3 pounds lost this week!

I ate lots of protein, no carbs, no sugar, LOTS of water and did 20-30 min of cardio /day to get those 3 pounds off--now for another 2 pound loss this week! :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited January 2012
    I am still at 248 but I have gotten back on the P90x train and it feels great! I have tons of energy and can't wait for tomorrow's workout. 

I have also been good at eating mostly Paleo. However, I had dinner with a friend and lunch with a friend last week...usually not super healthy. 

Keep up the great work everyone! I will be posting back later with a frozen banana chocolate ice cream recipe that I am going to try tonight.

GL!

EDIT: I joined myfitnesspal. My username is blb917
  • Does anyone have any DVD reccommendations. I'm trying to keep a good variety going so that I won't get bored.

I have P90X and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (30 day shred really had me sweating btw!). If you have any suggestions let us all know :)
    I love this man.

Photobucket

• So I was crushed today when I got on the scale and it still read 173. I have not lost a pound. I have been doing Insanity everyday and I hate that workout but thought it would help. Nothing. So I think I am going to try my Zumba on the Wii and see what that will get me. 
    Congrats to all of the lovely ladies who did loose some! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Down 3 to 197--don't know how that happened. I probably shed those holiday pounds/bloat this week. Once I got Zumba for the Kinect to work, I was all over it. DRIPPING SWEAT! Today will be Day 9 of 30DS and I am feeling strong enough to move on to Level Two maybe tomorrow or Wednesday. I am doing points on WW and finding ways to still satisfy my sweet/salty cravings, mostly with recipes from HungryGirl.
    So far, so good. Keep up the good work everyone!!Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • i weighed myself and I'm at 154, much to my surprise! Granted, I started dieting/exercising the 26th of December. I've been keeping it close to 1300 calories every day and doing an hour to two  hours of cardio. I guess it paid off!
  • I got this great watch for Christmas that came with a heart monitor so I can track how many calories I'm burning (as well as how much cardio vs. fat burn I'm doing when I'm at the gym).  It's great :) I only did 30min. on the treadmill yesterday. I'm a teacher and one of my kids gave me a cold :( so I didn't make it to the gym today. Planning on resting up tonight and hitting it hard tomorrow!
  • okay finally can check in. I will admit last week I did not make it to the gym at all. I have been changing the way I eat so +. I realized I didnt have a scale at my moms house and neither does my gym so I went out and bought one today. I think I was expecting more weight loss but hey Ill take it - lost 2 lbs! I weighed 165. I guess thast better than gaining some weight. I think hopefully ill see more change within the coming weeks now that I have told myself Im going to go to the gym 3x a week!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay girls! Keep it up! I was planning on starting the 30DS yesterday but none of my DVD players work :/ so I may start it at my FI house tonight. I am really going to need some motivation this weekend. We are going to Gatlinburg with my family and it is so hard to eat healthy when you are out of town! I am going to still try and workout or do some type of exercise while I am there! we are leaving Sat morning so I am going to weigh Friday and I will post it for the update on Sunday!

• I finally started jillians 30 day shred last night and she kinda kicked my butt. Planned on starting it last week but better late than neve. I had to put down my 7 lb weights and pick up cans from the pantry by the end b/c I just couldn't do it! May go to target at lunch today and buy some 5 lb ones to help me get through it from now on. Also, have not weighed since the start of this (well I went to the doctor day 3 so was weighed there) but my dogs broke my scale:( they run through the house like insane animals sometimes and ended up skidding and sliding into it slamming it on the wall and now it doesn't work. Maybe I'll buy a new one today too. Keep up the good work ladies!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Okay so I realized im being very sluggish. Ive been walking in my neighborhood on and off, but now I'm going to start going to the gym with my friend from work. She's making me go so I think thats good so I'll feel bad if I leave her alone. I like beng in this challenge because this way I have some accountability.

On the Plus side, FI has faith in me. Kiss
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Hey all! Hope everyone is having a great week. So far this week, I have only eaten out once. That's a pretty big deal for my H and I. Usually we could eat out about 3-5 times a week. Otherwise, I've managed to cook everyday. The hubby finally hooked up the Kinect for me and I played for about an hour and sweat my a** off. Hope it shows on the scale come Sunday and that AF doesn't wreck it for me. LOL
  • I'm down 3 pounds! I couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scale this morning. It's going to keep me motivated for sure! Hope everyone else is doing awesome as well!
  • I'm at 135.2 right now, i've set a reward for myself when I reach 135 and although I want to, I'm not going to cheat and give it to myself now lol

I hope everyone had a great week. I've still been doing the 30 day shread and a few P90X workouts.I 've been making a point of working out 3-5 times a week even if its only for 15 minutes.

I'll be updating everyone's weigh in today. I think a few people kind of dropped off but the ones that are still here are doing AMAZING!! Keep it up everyone; we're a month away from our goals.
    I love this man.

Photobucket

• crb2013crb2013 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm at the same weight still :(
    I don't know why! I worked out at the gym four times this week and have never drank more water in my life lol. I've been super good and careful so I'm not sure what gives. I doubt I make my V-Day goal at this rate :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_valentines-day-2012-challenge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:bc710b06-552e-409c-b0c7-b81fed00dd35Post:0855b80c-b174-4bff-9a4d-8d13a069c164">Re: Valentines Day 2012 Challenge!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm at the same weight still :( I don't know why! I worked out at the gym four times this week and have never drank more water in my life lol. I've been super good and careful so I'm not sure what gives. I doubt I make my V-Day goal at this rate :(
    Posted by crb2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Don't get discouraged! Keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure you'll see results.</div><div>
    </div><div>This week, I maintained at 174. Here's hoping that the next weigh-in shows a loss. :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards