Oregon

Affordable Venue Needed in Willamette Valley

Hi everyone,

I am recently engaged and have just began my search for an outdoor venue in Oregon. I am from Harrisburg, which is 20 minutes north of Eugene and want to stay in the Willamette Valley, preferably. I am looking for something that is out of the city and has good views, nice places to take pictures, and one that doesn't break the bank. My fiance and I are college students and we don't have a ton of money.

Thank you so much,

McKenna Brown Smile

Re: Affordable Venue Needed in Willamette Valley

• I'm getting married outdoors at a winery in the valley in 2 months! congrats on the engagement! I'd def suggest that you determine what you've comfortable spending first.  It's def cheaper off season and any day but Saturday ( ie most places I looked at were about $3500-$5000 for Sat weddings).  Check out hte Bravo wedding guide - they have a list of venues in the valley.  

good luck - i hope you find a venue that will work for what you'd like.  I def reccomend going to bridal shows also when it's time ( depending on how soon you're getting married)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 223 invited
    image 139 are ready to party!
    image 87 have better things to do
    image 4 cannot find the mailbox

RSVP Date: July 20
  • Vista Hills was a cool place..It was just too small for what we needed.  I'm not sure what the cost was though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 223 invited

• brownmc09brownmc09 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Well, I still need to talk to my parents to see if they're going to help me out at all. I definitely want to stay under $10,000. Probably around $7,000 is what we're thinking. I've noticed that Saturdays are more expensive. We were thinking Thursday or Friday depending on the venue price. Still in the process of setting a date. But it won't be for a year or two (a year if I have my way Wink).

I will definitely check out Vista Hills. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Vista Hills looks to be pretty pricy. I contacted them and they sent me their package information. You have to choose one of the caterers they pick and have a minimum of $500 beverage purchase. And it looked like there were no linens included so that adds to the cost as well. Beautiful place though! Will have to think about it and talk it over with the fiance.
  • edited June 2012
    I am in the same boat with a Wedding in the valley on budget that is still in the making pending her parental contibution/if any. But yes as it has been said, Saturdays will eat thousands of dollars out of our pockets so I think we may try to avoid that day at all costs. Maybe a Sunday so we can still have as many guests on our list celebrating with us as possible because of the weekend and save money because it's not a Saturday :)
    Also judging from our very very late onset of summer (still dont think it has gotten here yet) it may be "sumemr" later in the year. Like last year I remember in October we had 70-80 degree weather, which for most venues is  off season" which would save at least $1000 for most venues. Anywho, that is what we are looking at.

My Venue pick as of now (Groom): The Foundry at Oswego Pointe, Lake Oswego, OR
    I am in love with this venue and the all inclusive it has to offer with inside and outside
    Current Prices as of 06/30/12: 
    As you can see..."off" days and off season save a ton

Day

May - September

October - April

Hours

Monday-Thursday

$2200

$1800

Any 10 hours between 8 am – 1 am

Friday

$4000

$3000

Saturday

$4800

$3600

Sunday

$3800

$2600

• costs out in the valley are def out there.  if you're open to other days other than Sat - check out Youngberg Hill - that's the location we chose and we love it.  We had been looking out in the gorge...and decided to change gears and head for the valley instead.  after deciding htat vista hills was too small - youngberg hill was our next stop and we decided that day.  They do include all the chair and tables.  if you need a place that has all the linens etc...try searching for all inclusive type venues - they must have some out there i'd think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 223 invited

• Youngberg Hill is even pretty expensive. I need a place that doesn't require me to purchase drinks from them and preferably seats up to 300 people. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of those places that are affordable.
  • edited August 2012
    I just heard from a friend that Rogue has a hopfarm in the Monmouth- Independence Area  and its really affordable I havne't looked yet but you could give them a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards