New York-Western

PIP - Centerpices for a Pearl Street Brewery Wedding (XP)

i'm very excited about these!  i used a bottle cutter to turn beer bottles into candle holders - hopefully they will look perfect at pearl street brewery!

Re: PIP - Centerpices for a Pearl Street Brewery Wedding (XP)

• edited December 2011
    Oh I love that for a brewery wedding!!  How clever!
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very Pretty!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    eek!  i am starting to get so excited!
  • AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that! I may have to steal that idea if you don't mind. We're getting married there too and FI looooves Killians.
  • edited December 2011
    aero -

i am using a different beer bottle on every table...

i am toying with the notion of selling them after the wedding...they are not all so perfect, but i like the "organicness" of some of them not being perfectly straight...LOL, like there was a bar fight or something!
  • edited December 2011
    That looks wonderful!  We saw those bottle cutters in the craft store and I totally wanted to get one and do something with it but FI cautioned me against it as I'm a clutz and would most likely hurt myself with it.  How hard are the bottle cutters to use or are they pretty idiot proof?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AmandaB29AmandaB29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married at Pearl Street and those are really perfect for there!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of Pearl Street brides here!!

I think it will look nice having them all be a little different and not perfect. Where did you find the bottle cutter?
  • edited December 2011
    i bought the bottle cutter at michaels.

it was pretty easy because it doesn't really "cut" the bottle - it etches a line into the bottle.

after the line is etched in (this was not the bottle cutter instructions, i found this online), i poured boiling water over the etched line and then poured cold water over it.  changing the temp and alternating between hot & cold water essentially caused the bottle to fall apart.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Love them! Great job!
  • Aquarian342Aquarian342 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also think that bottle candle-holder idea is neat.  I am, yes, also getting married at Pearl Street hehe.  AeroStyle- My wedding is the night before yours!  We rented the 4th floor, how bout you?  Oh of anybody doesnt have much of a budget for centerpieces (other than this great beer bottle idea) you can borrow anything Pearl Street has in their supply closet for decorations (different colored cloth napkins, glass stones, real rocks, and they even have neat rustic lanterns).  We are getting married super early fall-September 16th, and will prob be using lanterns with purple glass stones and they have oil votives to put inside and around the lanters, layering colored napkins of our colors underneath (ivory tablecloths that match my dress) and we're getting resin-covered fall leaves from our florist to scatter around the lanterns.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is on the 3rd floor. I love that they have a bar on the patio on the 4th floor! That will be fantastic for guests!

I think PSG has added a lot more complimentary cenerpieces also. When we first booked I think they had 1. When we went to their bridal show this year they had probably, 8-10 that you can choose from. I think I'm going to use that bottle centerpiece for our place card table.
  • edited December 2011
    Those look fabulous!
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards