Nebraska-Omaha

Silver Wedding Dress

Everyone has told me its not possible. Or that I would have to get a bride's maid dress for a wedding gown. I was flat out told at David'd Bridal it couldn't be done. They kept telling me that I could have a sash. I went to Urban Bridal with my future mother in law, and was told there I could have a silver dress, but the selection was so limited and I really hated trying things on there. The experience was horrible, and I don't want to go back.

But anyways, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm tired of hearing about a white dress with silver embroidery, or a sash, I have a cream colored cloak with a silver inside, I REALLY want a silver dress. Help?

Re: Silver Wedding Dress

• edited December 2011
    Don't pay attention to DB...they're just trying to suck you in. I've seen dresses in all colors. I know I've seen a few silver, but I honesty don't remember where....I was searching online at the time. 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • vballbabe17vballbabe17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with LindsaymR!   I'm also wearing Maggie Sottero and bought my dress at Black Tie White Satin! Love them both.  I'm wearing Dayle, it's pictured in Light Gold, yuck, but does come in Silver Haze.  I would highly recommend both Maggie dresses and Black Tie White Satin!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_silver-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:8778346c-265e-4b66-9ed1-fdf64e4bc98aPost:944a1d43-96cd-450b-8fa0-ba0bc1ca31d5">Re: Silver Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with LindsaymR!   I'm also wearing Maggie Sottero and bought my dress at Black Tie White Satin! Love them both.  I'm wearing Dayle, it's pictured in Light Gold, yuck, but does come in Silver Haze.  I would highly recommend both Maggie dresses and Black Tie White Satin!
    Posted by vballbabe17[/QUOTE]
    I second that! I'm wearing a Maggie gown and went to BTWS for it....well worth the drive! Far better than anyone I'd found in Omaha. 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • HiLLjOHiLLjO member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look for prom dresses in silver. Those would have nicer details than a bridesmaids dress and a lot of colored-dress brides go that route.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards