California-Bay Area

HELP finding stores with size 14+ bridesmaid dresses

I have two bridesmaids that wear size 14+.  We are having trouble finding a store that carries a normal selection of bridesmaid dress in size 14+.  Every place we go to has a limited selection.  We even have had the sale clerk insist they try on a size 8, just to get feel of what the dress would look like.  Yeah, right!  Like that is going to give you an actually feel of what the dress will look like.  I could really use some suggestions on some local stores. 

Re: HELP finding stores with size 14+ bridesmaid dresses

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Are you actually looking for larger samples? That may be tough. We got dresses at Trudy's in Campbell, and two of the BMs were 14+, but I think the samples were size 10.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, we are looking for samples.  It's hard to know what looks good on them, unless they try it on.
  • robynjj14robynjj14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a size 14 plus and I found it really hard finding bridal boutiques that carry samples in any other size but an 8 or smaller.
    I did get really good service at priscilla of boston in santana row - san jose, ca.

While the samples were small, they really were patience with ensuring everyone was comfortable when trying on dresses and took their time.

hope that helps.

Wedding on 6/17/2011
  • cassandrae913cassandrae913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend had this issue. David's Bridal has tons of larger sample sizes. I know that Siri in SF also does larger sizes. I went to Bella Bridesmaid on Union St in SF and I think they carry larger sizes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards