New Jersey

Ceremony ideas

Hi,

I think I may have found the place for my reception but I don't think I want the ceremony there for a few reasons.  I don't like the idea of ceremony, cocktail hour then reception all in a row.  I would like a little time in between to take pictures so I can enjoy the cocktail hour myself.  The place also doesn't have any outside areas.  I know I can't bank on outside because of the weather.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I was thinking about an arboretum maybe??

Re: Ceremony ideas

• I guess I'm not sure what you're asking. You found a reception location, and they hold ceremonies as well, but you don't want to do it there?

Where is the reception location?

This may be due to my background and upbringing, but to me, an obvious choice of having a ceremony not in the same location as the reception -  is a church. Do you have any religious affiliation, or know of any non-denominational churches near the reception venue?

In my opinion, it would be a bit different to go from one ceremony location to another reception location just for the sake of taking up time. I would understand a religious establishment, but otherwise - it would be a bit strange and possibly a bit of a hassle. Why make guests travel or change locations for, what could appear to be, no apparent reason? I would wonder why that ceremony was not held at the same location as the reception.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_ceremony-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fc7f7728-1147-4f13-8fd8-62936a254f4aPost:219da37b-a40d-469a-9429-3ae59d6deb32">Ceremony ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I think I may have found the place for my reception but I don't think I want the ceremony there for a few reasons.  I don't like the idea of ceremony, cocktail hour then reception all in a row.  I would like a little time in between to take pictures so I can enjoy the cocktail hour myself.  The place also doesn't have any outside areas.  I know I can't bank on outside because of the weather.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I was thinking about an arboretum maybe??
    Posted by rebian01[/QUOTE]

<div>Which venue are you looking at? I'd keep looking until you found one that completely met your needs. Actually, most guests will like having the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in a row. Gaps can leave people bored and with nowhere to go. Unless you can find a really amazing place for the ceremony, or if it holds religious significance, people might question why you chose to have it in another place.</div>
  • After thinking about it and sleeping on it I've decided to look at more venue options.  I think I just wasn't thrilled with the location.  Looking at my original post it's clear to me that I'm a little confused :) I'm looking at Westmount Country Club, Brownstone, Valley Regency, Skylands and Macaluso's this weekend.  Thoughts on these venues??
  • michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_ceremony-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fc7f7728-1147-4f13-8fd8-62936a254f4aPost:d2279935-78aa-4167-af3e-5d971257fe13">Re: Ceremony ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]After thinking about it and sleeping on it I've decided to look at more venue options.  I think I just wasn't thrilled with the location.  Looking at my original post it's clear to me that I'm a little confused :) I'm looking at Westmount Country Club, Brownstone, Valley Regency, Skylands and Macaluso's this weekend.  Thoughts on these venues??
    Posted by rebian01[/QUOTE]<div>My thoughts in a nutshell on the three I know:</div><div>Westmount: Modern, spacious, good food, nice grounds, fair service</div><div>Brownstone: More old fashioned,  Fair food, fair service, not much grounds</div><div>Macaluso: Excellent food and service, not much grounds</div><div>
    </div><div>Have you thought about looking into il Tulipano? It's known for excellent food and service, unique Mediterranean style grounds, and best of all, you have the entire place to yourself: the outdoor piazza (gorgeous area for an outdoor ceremony), the main floor for your cocktail hour, and the second level for your reception. Ask for Donald. </div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
  • May I just add that you will save some money with your limo co, videographer & photographer by having the ceremony at the reception hall.  We did not do that, I got married in a church & we went to a park for pictures.  But I didn't care either way - church or the hall, DH insisted on the church.  I used to tease him about how he cost us more money. LOL  GL
  • My FI and I wanted to enjoy our cocktail hour as well so we are doing pictures before hand and everything is at the same location to save cost on transportation as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards