Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Worried about cardstock

Hi all

I don't know too much about how the typical wedding invitation should be like seeing that I really haven't been to many weddings. I ordered my wedding invitations through annsbridalbargains.com. I loved the design and their prices fit my budget. I did ask for samples before I ordered, the invite was beautiful, but when I ordered I asked if they had a heavier cardstock. The one they used for the sample was 80 lb cover. They told me that the next one they had was 127 lb cover for an upgrade charge. I paid the additional $30 ( I didn't think it was too much of a big deal) I received the invites today and they are printed on the 80 lb. I didn't want the hassle of returning, so I just told the rep to credit me for the upgrade charge. Now I am started to wonder if they are too thin. Does anyone have any idea how wedding invites should be and heaviness is a big deal to guests? They are not super thin, but thinner than I would expect for an invite. I am trying to decide whether I should change them after all.
Thanks!!

Re: Worried about cardstock

• Options
    Mine are 110 lb, and they actually feel a little bit postcard-y (thought I am otherwise thrilled with them), so I think you are good. As long as the info is all there and you like them, thats all it needs to be.
  • Options
    80 is average, though it is your invitation. Do what you think is right! I'm getting 110 because of personal preference. 
  • Options
    80 lb is fine. I think ours was that or possibly lighter. I would push them to also credit you with some free thank yous bc that is a pretty big error and time comsuming to correct. For me the printing was more important. I wish I could afford letterpress but we had raised thermography.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    80 is standard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for the replies! I feel much better now :)
    @ HandBanana- I will certainly try that! Thanks for the idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards