Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I'm creeped out

I just got a phone call from a random phone number with an area code corresponding to the area code of one my uncles on my mom's side (that we don't really talk to), and that's who he said he was.  He asked if my dad was home.  I said "I'm not in (hometown)" (and I don't have a number from my hometown, so why he would think I am is beyond me) and he hung up, and didn't answer when I called the number back.

I called my mom and he hasn't tried calling them, nor was it his phone number.  And if it WAS him, we have no idea how he would have gotten my cell number.  And if it wasn't him, how did he know my name, my uncle's name and my dad's name? And why was he just so happening to call from an area code of the city my uncle lives in?

Re: I'm creeped out

• Options
    THAT is creepy.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Weird...
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    I tried googling the phone number and it keeps taking me to some Indiana college hockey website.  Wtf.  I'm kind of freaked out and I feel like I should hide in my closet and rock back and forth.
  • Options
    lock your door!
  • Options
    that is weird..

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Joy, it was locked, but I chained it and checked all the windows as soon as I got off the phone with my mom.  I might use this as an excuse to not to go to the gym because I'm now afraid some serial killer or something is after me.

I'm not at all dramatic.
  • Options
    I can't blame you.  I'd be freaked out too.

• Options
    Yeah, that is super weird and creepy. Is your FI home? I'd stay close to him for awhile.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    No, he left for work like 15 minutes before the phone call :(
  • Options
    Um that is really really creepy. EEK!
  • Options
    Is it his work number?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    He doesn't work, as far as we know.  But I guess it could be, or a phonebooth or someone's phone he used.  But the question is still how the heck did he get my number.  Not to mention he obviously didn't try to call my parents, because they answered when I called! 
  • Options
    Creepy, indeed.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    I'm sorry.

I didn't mean to scare you that badly.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options

Wow, that is creepy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Darn it, MrsB!  Did you get my number from Fishy?  That hoar!

Well, ladies, I'm going to the gym.  If I never come back, tell the police the number is still in my google toolbar.
  • Options
    And we'll give them this thread as evidence.

Be safe!

• Options
    I would carry a kitchen knife to the car to be on the safe side. A big one.
  • Options
    I'm considering the Ruger, actually.  Too bad I don't have my conceal carry permit yet.  Ha.

(Just kidding, I'm not really taking my gun to the gym.  Promise.)
  • Options
    Just keep it in the glovebox.

• Options
    aw, good luck, JK!

Personally, I'd skip the gym to stay home and eat cookies.
  • Options
    Would anyone be willing to call your uncle and see if his cell phone or anything may have been stolen recently? That's just creepy.
    Crosswalk
  • Options

Ewww that is kind of scary! Maybe FI is messing with you?

• Options
    No FI doesn't know anything about my mom's family.  My mom tried to call him Pirata and he didn't answer.  Weird all around.

I did make it back safely from the gym, though I checked the entire apartment before I made myself comfortable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards