Minnesota

Budget Venue Help!!

I have been looking for a while now for a venue to host our ceremony and reception...we plan on inviting 70-100 people in Sept-Oct 2013. I am planning on having to do some DIY projects so I can handle a less than PERFECT location to add some love to. I can't seem to find anywhere under $1,500. I just have such a hard time spending SO much on one day...I would prefer to stay within 2 hours of the Twin Cities...any ideas? I have even tried to think outside the box and I feel stuck. I have asked around and I don't know anyone with ample yard/house space...so that is out of the question. Any help is appreciated!!
Everyone's story is beautiful but OURS is my FAVORITE

Re: Budget Venue Help!!

• I got married at Crystal Lake Golf Course in Lakeville, MN.  I did the ceremony and reception there.  The food was fab. Guests still talk about my food.   It was about 23/pp and a small room rental fee.  Diane and Victoria were great to work with. 

Try the MSP board too.  The ladies are pretty knowledgeable!
  • Thanks! I need any ideas I can get! :)
    Everyone's story is beautiful but OURS is my FAVORITE
  • edited September 2012
    I'm having my wedding reception at Degidio's restaurant and bar in St. Paul. It is a quaint and cozy venue and they are so nice and easy to work with! They don't have a rental fee you basically just pay for the food and drinks. It's Italian food and very delicious! I also paid only $195 to reserve the date and that goes towards your final bill. Here is there website:

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_budget-venue-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:640Discussion:04c57718-cec8-40bb-b891-fb4fe2d2571bPost:498bb604-9fbd-40fe-a7ca-fdade7342122">Budget Venue Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been looking for a while now for a venue to host our ceremony and reception...we plan on inviting 70-100 people in Sept-Oct 2013. I am planning on having to do some DIY projects so I can handle a less than PERFECT location to add some love to. I can't seem to find anywhere under $1,500. I just have such a hard time spending SO much on one day...I would prefer to stay within 2 hours of the Twin Cities...any ideas? I have even tried to think outside the box and I feel stuck. I have asked around and I don't know anyone with ample yard/house space...so that is out of the question. Any help is appreciated!!
    Posted by jennaferanne[/QUOTE]

Park?

• Check out local community centers, they have banquet rooms for rent for less than $800.
  • We are getting married at Central Park in Woodbury on October 27th. They have an open catering policy and were less than $2000 for ceremony and reception there.
  • I found one but they only do the reception, if you get married on a Fri or Sun they waive the food & drink min. Oak Glen in Stillwater, it is really nice but we couldn't find a place for the ceremony.
  • Longfellow Gardens in Minneapolis. Park permits through mpls are 538$ for 3 hours of time.
  • If you're not set on getting married in the metro, we chose Millner Heritage Winery in Kimball, MN.  They're rates are not bad for both the rental space and catering.  Plus, they are awesome to work with :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards