California-Orange County
Options

Venues that allow outside catering

My fiance and I have found a very reasonably priced caterer that we really love, but they don't have a reception venue attached. Does anyone have any recommendations for venues in Orange County or LA that allow outside catering? I've looked at pretty much every community center or civic building in orange county, but many of them were kind of blah looking and we don't have a large budget for decorations or flowers. I'm also a little nervous about outdoor venues because we can't afford a tent rental and California weather can be so unpredictable. I realize I'm being rather picky, but we have a long engagement so I keep thinking there must be some location out there that I'm missing and I have plenty of time to find it =) Any thoughts that anyone has would be wonderful!

Re: Venues that allow outside catering

• Options
    jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When are you getting married and how many guests will you have?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the Ole Hanson Club in San Clemente. VERY reasonable pricing and allows for all of your own vendors except security (and only required if alcohol is being served). It's beach-front, historic, spanish style... It is 2/3 outdoor but has an indoor covered area and multi-use room on the ground floor. Max people is around 130 I think.
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Ole Hanson sounds wonderful, thank you for the suggestion! I've added it to my potentials list =) We're planning either Spring or Summer 2011 and between 100 and 120 guests. I guess it would also be good to mention that our budget is tiny by modern wedding standards (under $10,000) and we'd love to find a venue whose rental would be less than $2,500. With our estimated catering costs, this would place us at the recommended half-your-budget for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have started my own blog and I will be featuring southern california wedding venues on it (rustic, nature, eco-friendly, cost-friendly).  Feel free to check it out and become a follower as I continue to post new venues and other ideas!!  I have some amazing venues that I have found and not yet featured, so feel free to contact me through my blog! thanks

http://buttonslaceandlove.blogspot.com/

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There's also the Newland Barn which is on the the property of the Newland House that  overlooks Bartlett Park.  It is located in Huntingdon Beach.  It can house up to 200 people.  You can contact them and ask how much and all the fine details.  Here's the site.

http://www.stockteam.com/newland_barn.html

I honestly don't think SoCal weather is that unpredictable.  A summer wedding near the beach will be mild and cool and not sweltering hot. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards