Snarky Brides
Options

Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss

Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:c52f97ef-2fe9-4d9c-b612-b91139f9b944">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss : Tesla coil - there was a movie about that - with hottie - um Hugh Jackman......off to look it up.
    Posted by k8ly[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that in The Prestige?  About the magician?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:3925d13a-5afd-4f18-baa9-440eda51a547">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]i know J&K will probably throttle me for stealing her lurker thread (but she's asleep so we won't have to tell her) Do you like Christmas?
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I'm not religious at all, but I love Christmas for the food, family, and fun.  I'll confess, it's not my favorite holiday.  July 4th takes that one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:acd37590-cd42-462a-a397-c8755f0a23ac">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss : I'm not religious at all, but I love Christmas for the food, family, and fun.  I'll confess, it's not my favorite holiday.  July 4th takes that one.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Why does the 4th win?  barbecue and fireworks?

I wish i could get permission to set off fireworks on Christmas.  That would make it the real winner
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:1c268d20-f96f-429b-aabc-2d4c282a273a">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss : Wasn't that in The Prestige?  About the magician?

Yup!  (Oh!  and I like Christmas too - I just don't like driving to Grand Forks 1. because there's nothing to do.  2. because there's nothing to do and 3. because they refuse to drive down to see us - ever.)
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:2ed56253-8222-4502-9c94-32252c21475a">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss : Why does the 4th win?  barbecue and fireworks?<strong> I wish i could get permission to set off fireworks on Christmas</strong>.  That would make it the real winner

...and that's why I also love New Year's Eve.

I'm in the habit of celebrating July 4th on the lake (either Lake Travis in Austin or Toledo Bend on the TX/LA border).  It's a marathon of tubing, water skiing, and hamburgers.  I don't see what could possibly be better.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:15209d29-49ab-4082-9d5f-d3ebe09581f4">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss : Yup!  (Oh!  and I like Christmas too - I just don't like driving to Grand Forks 1. because there's nothing to do.  2. because there's nothing to do and 3. because they refuse to drive down to see us - ever.)
    Posted by k8ly[/QUOTE]

The heck with them then.  Drive on down to Sioux Falls.  We know how to party.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:a7dc2118-d9b9-4efd-9afe-49b4b8476333">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss : ...and that's why I also love New Year's Eve. I'm in the habit of celebrating July 4th on the lake (either Lake Travis in Austin or Toledo Bend on the TX/LA border).  It's a marathon of tubing, water skiing, and hamburgers.  I don't see what could possibly be better.

What could be better?  Christmas in South Dakota ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:bf5465d4-7a5f-4588-8388-6081ddb69754">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss : What could be better?  Christmas in South Dakota ;)

I take it you're big on Christmas?  (As if your sig wasn't clue enough)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:6ead78ea-2f83-4282-94e7-25dd22d26065">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss : I take it you're big on Christmas?  (As if your sig wasn't clue enough)

Actually, I'm celebrating Chanukkah at the moment :)  I'm an equal opportunity holiday lover
  • Options
    Ah - Souix Falls.....my kinda town!  If I was gonna pick a small town...that would be it.  SD is one of the sane states in this union!

K - running out of steam.

::hat tip to ya'll::

Nice trading "smells" with you, anna!

Have a great night Elle!

Sweet dreams!

k8ly
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:70f9b453-37aa-4a69-96ec-efe38d47cf2f">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah - Souix Falls.....my kinda town!  If I was gonna pick a small town...that would be it.  SD is one of the sane states in this union! K - running out of steam. ::hat tip to ya'll:: Nice trading "smells" with you, anna! Have a great night Elle! Sweet dreams! k8ly
    Posted by k8ly[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  You, too!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:59999281-115a-4908-b49a-11053c26bac5">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss : Actually, I'm celebrating Chanukkah at the moment :)  I'm an equal opportunity holiday lover

Ahh I'm double posting.

How do you feel about Halloween?  Thanksgiving?  Memorial Day (another one of my favorites)?
  • Options

holy crap. I stop posting for a little bit to eat dinner and drink a bottle of wine and now I have no idea what's going on!

For the record: I like doing all the holiday baking but the rest of the christmas stuff stresses the hell out of me

• Options
    I always miss the good lurker threads! And don't worry, Scare. I don't get me sometimes either. But J&K is definitely lying about not getting me. She had me last week. I'm still trying to get that rash cleared up and scrape the cookie dough off of my ceiling.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:011f7b1c-d8cf-4c92-884c-20f913a5c5ad">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always miss the good lurker threads! And don't worry, Scare. I don't get me sometimes either. But J&K is definitely lying about not getting me. She had me last week. I'm still trying to get that rash cleared up and scrape the cookie dough off of my ceiling.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too, cew, me too.</div><div>
    </div><div>Side note... Ash is my new favorite poster.  For real, and not just because she wants to be friends with me IRL.  I like anyone who has a crazy snow-loving dog, and who's not afraid to answer our gigantic poll.</div>
  • Options
    Thanks Steph.  My crazy snow-loving dog freaked out this morning because there's about an inch of snow on the ground, so instead of doing his business and coming back inside like normal, he spent about 20 minutes running laps and playing with a football.  And that poll was gigantic, and I still think I missed people, which is amazing.  You don't realize how many regs there are until you're going through a list of them.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:368a99bb-6dc6-49e0-82ec-fa959241220f">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Steph.  My crazy snow-loving dog freaked out this morning because there's about an inch of snow on the ground, so instead of doing his business and coming back inside like normal, he spent about 20 minutes running laps and playing with a football.  And that poll was gigantic, and I still think I missed people, which is amazing.  You don't realize how many regs there are until you're going through a list of them.
    Posted by Ash2985[/QUOTE]

<div>What kind of dog do you have? We have a puppy that's half husky, so he would live outside... if we had a yard. Instead he gets to stay in our apartment, staring longingly at the snow outside until we go to the dog park.</div>
  • Options
    Good morning and I'm late as usual so without further ado...

Why don't you post much?
    I usually catch the good threads as they are dying and by then everyone has already given good advice. Other times I'm not exactly sure what is going on because I missing the back story and I'd rather not butt in and give poor advice.

When's the wedding?
    August 20th, 2011

What made you pick SB to lurk on?
    It is one of the more active sections and I enjoy the good mix of humor and advice that SB provides.

Do you lurk anywhere else?
    Sure do. I pretty much scan the whole lot, but the ones I find most interesting (besides SB) are Wedding Woes, Wedding Party, Moms and Maids, Getting in Shape, Etiquette,  and chit chat.

Post somewhere?
    I'll post now and again in my month board, Wedding Party, and my city board, but for the most part I just lurk unless I have something helpful to contribute.

Favorites?
    Anysunrise - She has an excellent sense of humor.
    Marissa_Claire - She gives really good advice and is helpful across multiple boards.
    Raynes - I also think she gives really good advice and is extremely helpful on the Getting in Shape board (especially when people ask the same question day after day).

Least favorites?
    Honestly, nobody really rubs me the wrong way and if they do, they usually aren't regulars here. I'm pretty laid back and I can agree to disagree without having hard feelings. It does bother me when people get upset because you don't agree with them, but I don't really see a lot of that on SB.

I guess to name one, MISSCOURTNEY, but she hasn't been around in awhile and I'm not sure if she is/was a reg. Everything about her just screams drama and I think she tries too hard to get reactions from people.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Hi mmw!

Opinion on Christmas?
  • Options
    I love this thread <3

I guffawed to think of a noob wondering if MFJ qualifies as a reg.
  • Options
    [QUOTE] Opinion on Christmas?

I like Christmas and the challenge of finding people gifts they will use and appreciate. It is usually a hectic day of traveling between families, but it is all good fun.

The only thing I do not enjoy about Christmas is the 24/7 Christmas music played everywhere from Thanksgiving to New Years. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:83e6722c-bd28-4935-851e-037aa1d3098b">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like Christmas and the challenge of finding people gifts they will use and appreciate. It is usually a hectic day of traveling between families, but it is all good fun.<strong> The only thing I do not enjoy about Christmas is the 24/7 Christmas music played everywhere from Thanksgiving to New Years. </strong>
    Posted by mmw8780[/QUOTE]

i love that, but I'm well aware that I'm odd.

Favorite Christmas song?:

Least favorite Christmas song?:
  • Options
    Favorite Christmas song?  The Grinch song because it brings back good memories and Oi to the World by The Vandals (also No Doubt's version). Embarrassing fact: The only Christmas music I do own is the Hanson Christmas cd. :-/

Least favorite Christmas song?:
    Any Josh Groban Christmas cover. My mom is obsessed and I feel like clawing at the windows when I drive with her during the holidays.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:d080167e-456f-4e25-9265-bc9d7b3a79f7">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss : What kind of dog do you have? We have a puppy that's half husky, so he would live outside... if we had a yard. Instead he gets to stay in our apartment, staring longingly at the snow outside until we go to the dog park.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]
    He's a giant mutt.  The mom was a hound of some kind, they were both at the humane society so I dunno what else he is.  Though I think rottie and probably some pittie.  He's about 85 lbs.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:70e03ff5-67df-4514-98a2-08d84201f794">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this thread <3 I guffawed to think of a noob wondering if MFJ qualifies as a reg.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    M&M, my sentence structure on that was crap.  I meant I didn't know if CMgr was a reg, I know full well that MFJ is.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:d52df4bd-e223-4820-b5a2-8150cbad9e89">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favorite Christmas song?  The Grinch song because it brings back good memories and Oi to the World by The Vandals (also No Doubt's version). Embarrassing fact: The only Christmas music I do own is the Hanson Christmas cd. :-/ Least favorite Christmas song?: Any Josh Groban Christmas cover. My mom is obsessed and I feel like clawing at the windows when I drive with her during the holidays.

I like you.

Now for a very important question.  Christmas food. 

What one item must be eaten for the holidays to be valid in your mind?

What do you eat on Christmas eve?
  • Options
     Why don't you post much?  Well, I joined because I'm MOH in a friend's wedding and I don't really have much to say, since I didn't have a "traditional" wedding.

When's the wedding (or not, we don't mind if you're not engaged, unless you're BSC)?  I got married on October 1, 2006 - and I promise, I'm not BSC

What made you pick SB to lurk on? I liked the name of the board...I'm a bit snarky myself sometimes, so I thought I'd check out my people. And I have learned alot of things about weddings that I didn't know.

Do you lurk anywhere else? I lurk in Chit Chat and Etiquette as well.

Post somewhere?  I've only posted once or twice, I don't know alot about planning, so mostly I just read the threads for entertainment and to see different points of view.

Favorites and least favorites?  I don't really have any favorites, I don't think, although there is one girl, I can't think of her SN - mandapanda maybe? She's funny - but I don't enjoy reading responses from Kristen789 (I'm not sure of the exact numbers).  She just sounds kind of rude when she answers people. And it appears I'm not the only one based on some of the comments that are made regarding her posts.
  • Options
    What one item must be eaten for the holidays to be valid in your mind?
    Ham. I don't really eat ham outside of Christmas so it feels like a special occasion when we have it. I miss having Honey Baked Ham ham - they have no stores out here.

What do you eat on Christmas eve?
    Lasagna. FI's mom preps it and we bake it while they go to evening Mass.
  • Options
    k8ly - Grand Forks is awesome.   I went to college up there.  If you're not having fun in Forks, you're doing it wrong :)
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_here-lurker-lurker-lurkerssssss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3d2ce250-aabd-4b89-b939-efbd7e3bf15cPost:ed1baa40-6bf1-4ff7-869f-31356cd807c4">Re: Here, lurker lurker lurkerssssss</a>:
    [QUOTE]What one item must be eaten for the holidays to be valid in your mind? Ham. I don't really eat ham outside of Christmas so it feels like a special occasion when we have it. I miss having Honey Baked Ham ham - they have no stores out here. What do you eat on Christmas eve? Lasagna. FI's mom preps it and we bake it while they go to evening Mass.

Lasagna.  I like that.  it's so interesting to hear what people eat.  Christmas eve is a bit of a free-for-all is seems.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards