Missouri-Kansas City

Cake time :)

Im starting to shop for my Cake!!!!!!!!! I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions of places in KC MO about Cake shops  they used for their wedding. I am trying to find a place that is $3 a piece or less..

Thanks for the help

Re: Cake time :)

• eneh2012eneh2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be watching this post too, I still haven't decided on my cake.  I've heard that Hy-Vee has great cakes for good prices but I haven't visited yet.  There is another place Rebekah Cake Artist (on the Kansas side though) that has good reviews and cakes for $3.25 per slice.  From her website the cakes look really nice. 
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a baker in Lee's Summit...Classic Cakes, and my cake was delish!  I've heard a lot of good things about Hyvee in Mission, KS as well. 
  • aswift333aswift333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw Classic cakes and looked up info on them and it looks like they charge 20 just to have a cake testing? Is that your experience with them?
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I went to several other cake tastings and did my homework for Classic Cakes before going.  I was pretty sure I was going to go with them.  The $20 goes towards your cake if you book with them.
    Check out Just Cakes as well, we've had a lot of good reviews from them as well. 
  • kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Divine Bakery in Lee's Summit is doing my cake.  Strawberry and Vanilla Chai all the way!
  • aswift333aswift333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I am going to research all those places today!!!
  • amysorensenamysorensen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Michelle with Iced Art on the recommendation of one of my co-workers who used Michelle for her wedding.  There is another girl I work with who is also using her.  She met with several other cake places and we both decided on Michelle as her cake was the best we both tasted.  Another girl we work with was married in September and also used Iced Art.  The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing!!  
  • amk7ddamk7dd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Dreamery Bakery did my cake and it was one of the more reasonably priced bakers I checked out.  The cake was delicious, too!
  • edited December 2011
    I used the Bridal Kitchen in Independence, MO. He cakes were amazing! And the fondant was perfectly edible!
    Buying A Home
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards