Students

Remind Me

You guys might find this amusing:

Last night, while trying to talk to MOH about pre wedding party dates, (stagette etc), while watching the baby and knowing i have 3 group projects due between friday and tuesday, i was starting to feel overwhelmed by trying to do the wedding planning/baby/school all at once, later FI called and i broke down and vented...which was good....during that vent i declared: Remind me NEVER to plan a wedding when im in school EVER again....FI responds: well im kind of hoping you never plan another wedding to be honest......to which i cracked up...apparently its getting to me! Only 4 more months of school and wedding planning, hopefully i survive!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
My Blog:Through My Eyes

Re: Remind Me

• And this is why there is 8 months between the end of my last term of school and our wedding. 

Good luck! You'll get through it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Hahaha, that's too funny! I'm sure you'll get it all done :) As of right now, I'll have a little less than a month between when I finish my master's (if I get in!!) and when we get married!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • I know what you mean!  It sounds like your FI has his head on straight so don't be afraid to ask for help. :)  Hang in there!  It'll all be worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just think of all you'll have accomplished when it's all said and done, though.  You'll be married, have a baby, and be done with school - all amazing accomplishments!  If you're like me you probably want to do everything yourself and not necessarily micro-manage but just not burden other people with your stuff, but it's important to ask for help...trust me, I'm totally the pot calling the kettle black here lol

• Haha, truth! You'll do fine and everything will be great, I'm sure (:

We all love the chaos, don't we?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_remind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:37ff3574-3ea6-41f6-ac7b-68d2882441dbPost:b1f17d34-9c21-47b1-bb86-f51fbcd45333">Re: Remind Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just think of all you'll have accomplished when it's all said and done, though.  <strong>You'll be married, have a baby, and be done with school - all amazing accomplishments!</strong>  If you're like me you probably want to do everything yourself and not necessarily micro-manage but just not burden other people with your stuff, but it's important to ask for help...trust me, I'm totally the pot calling the kettle black here lol
    Posted by wondermom05[/QUOTE]

lol.....we also bought a house in December....and are trying to renovate the basement so we can rent it out ASAP. If i'd known all this was going to be happening all right now (the baby is actually my brothers - so my nephew, but he cant take care of him so i have him for at least the next year) I would have taken a year off school, but when i started the program 2 years ago i wasnt engaged yet, the baby wasnt born, and we didnt even imagine being able to afford a house, but through the circumstance were able to so we jumped on it! But yeah thanks for the vibes ladies :) I think we are all nuts, but in the end its gonna be soooo worth it!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Mine is the week after my first finals in my MA program... I'm scared. Lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_remind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:37ff3574-3ea6-41f6-ac7b-68d2882441dbPost:00444364-9824-4f75-bdc2-07ee02702cd0">Re: Remind Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remind Me : lol.....we also bought a house in December....and are trying to renovate the basement so we can rent it out ASAP. If i'd known all this was going to be happening all right now (the baby is actually my brothers - so my nephew, but he cant take care of him so i have him for at least the next year) I would have taken a year off school, but when i started the program 2 years ago i wasnt engaged yet, the baby wasnt born, and we didnt even imagine being able to afford a house, but through the circumstance were able to so we jumped on it! But yeah thanks for the vibes ladies :) <strong>I think we are all nuts, but in the end its gonna be soooo worth it!</strong>
    Posted by toothpastechica[/QUOTE]

Haha totally true!  That's great that you're taking care of your nephew, that's really admirable.

On a side note - we just bought a house too, in September, and while we don't have space to rent out a room we're doing a lot of the little repairs and stuff ourselves and oy...it's a daunting task at times (Eddy is one of those who will use nails and thumb tacks for everything, bless his heart lol) but we enjoy the work and I've always been quite handy.
  • I totally understand. I got married in the middle of a semester....it was crazy. But totally worth it because the weather was perfect for the wedding & now we've already been married 3 months, whereas if we had waited for summer, I would still be 4 months away. You'll be so happy when the wedding day is here though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards