Hawaii

Maui wedding coordinators

Hi everyone!

I made an earlier post asking questions about Olowalu and we have booked our wedding there for May 2013! =)

Also I'm trying to decide on a wedding coordinator and really like Cherise from the Perfect Wedding. But I just recently found Belle Destination Weddings on style me pretty and they do beatiful weddings too! I noticed there wasn't as much on the board about Belle Destination Weddings - any feedback from brides who have used them before??

Thanks!!

Re: Maui wedding coordinators

• I talked to Belle and they were extremely pricey plus they wanted 20% commission for each vendor they booked which just wasn't worth it to us.

In my opinion, the most important thing in a WC is that you "click" with them personality wise and that they are able to see the vision that you have for your wedding day.
    Anniversary
  • Hi! I met Belle when we went on our scouting trip in May. They were really lovely and as you said, do magical work! As jessj said, they have a flat fee and 20% fee on everything they book (vendors). I suggest contacting them and see how you get along with them!
  • I also talked to Bele and they were great! Just like other brides said though, out of my budget. :(
    However, I am booking a lot of the vendors they work with.

Congrats, by the way! I am getting married at Olowalu in June 2013. :)
  • I agree with all the other comments above.

I am using Cherise and she has been great.  We are definitely working with a tight budget, and she has been wonderful with that.  It was also important for me to have someone who would let me research and book my own vendors if I wanted to, and Cherise has been fine with that (though I haven't booked someone that she hasn't recommended.)  I've seen some gorgeous weddings that she has done recently...like this one http://perfectweddingmaui.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/jocelyn-fredericks-makena-wedding-published-in-munaluchi-bridal/

I would suggest finding someone within your budget who you click with.

Good luck!
  • I used Cherise and loved her!  She is flat rate, which is wonderful, and she is super sweet and helpful.  I personally would never book with a coordinator who requires a percentage on top of the flat rate - it's a rip off and not necessary.  Go to Cherise's FB page and you can see all her gorgeous weddings, she really is great!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • If you want another one thrown into the mix, I used Tropical Maui Weddings and couldn't have been more pleased with them.  They were absolutely perfect, and reasonably priced too!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am working with Cherise after getting rid of a WP that we did not like. So I also suggest Cherise and avoid Blue Sky Weddings.
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also used Tropical Maui Weddings, they were the best!! I have actually become friends with my old WC (Lori Lawrence), and DH and I are going to stay with her next month when we're on vacation in Maui. Her husband Jamie is a singer, he's very popular on this board for weddings. You should give her a call just to chat, she is the sweetest, most organized person, I shipped all of my wedding stuff to her ahead of time and she thought of stuff I never would have thought of before the big day.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • To second what MauiDandy posted, we used Lori Lawrence from Tropical Maui Weddings also and she was incredible. Super organized and responsive! We also became friends with her & her husband Jaime and she has offered us to stay with them next time we are in Maui.

If I had to do it all over again I would choose Lori as it was worth every penny plus the friendship we have I will treasure always
    Anniversary
  • I can't say enough great things about our wedding coordinator, Christy Taketa.  She is also a florist.  She is only supposed to be our day-of coordinator, but she has gone over and beyond in all of her extremely helpful suggestions.  She's direct with you, but you can tell she is so excited to be planning the big day with you.  We both live in Oahu, but are getting married in Maui in October.  Christy knows Maui and the vendors there.  Huge recommendations for her!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit Maui.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards