Registry and Gift Forum
Options

bridal shower

i need to figure out how to give my bridesmaids a hint to throw me a bridal shower because i feel like they don't seem like they know what their part is in the wedding other than being there on that special day....I'm not trying to be needy or whatever but i would really like one.... help please

Re: bridal shower

• Options
    Your wedding isn't for another year.  Give them time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    262 Invited image
    164 Yes image
    38 No image
    60 Are making me drink way too much wine!!! image
  • Options
    There is no tactful or etiquette-friendly way to suggest that someone throw you a shower. If they are willing or able to throw you a shower, they'll offer.
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    It's not your bridesmaids' responsibility to throw you a shower and to hint at it would be terribly rude.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    If your wedding isn't for another year like pp stated, just give them time.  It's kinda early to be planning a shower now.  Also, i don't see anything wrong with dropping hints like:  'I saw beautiful pics of this bridal shower online today..... "

Also, it might be a surprise in the works and you don't want to ruin that.  Either way, I really hope you get one.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Maybe you can mention that you are going to register.  If you want to register that is.  Perhaps they'll get the hint.  I will probably have a shower too but I don't want too many gifts....mostly want cash.  And don't know how to gracefully request it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards