New Jersey

Looking for a venue with Royal Manor feel and Atrium basement price?

Hi everyone. Me and my fiance would like to lower our costs and stick to a budget, but all the halls we have visited are pushing us over our limits when we count in the tax and tip. We've visited The Atrium, The Tides, The Royal Manor, the Grand Marquis and the Primavera Regency. The Atrium gave us the best price at $125 all inclusive for the downstairs room - which we don't like. We love the look and feel of the Royal Manor, very young, clean and modern as opposed to something like the Primavera which is heavy, older and vintage (which I totally don't mind, but mr. fiance on the other hand wants something more flashy). 

Does anyone have any suggestions for places that are more on the Royal Manor side with the modern chandeliers and high ceilings but will keep us at/under $130 p/p all inclusive? We're looking at a 150 guest minimum for a Saturday night in June of 2013.

I understand this is tough and I might be asking for too much, but I'll take any suggestions you've got!

Re: Looking for a venue with Royal Manor feel and Atrium basement price?

• edited December 2011
    The Graycliff grand ballroom is beautiful and very well priced. They have really good food as well.
    Another suggestion might be doing it on a Sunday instead of a Sat? We ended up doing that bc everywhere charges so much for a Sat. 
  • edited December 2011
    My only concern with the Graycliff is the rectangle dance floor they are showing in all their pictures. I've read that there are 2-3 different rooms, do they all have this odd shaped dance floor? 
  • buttrflyahbuttrflyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Addison Park?  It has a modern, clean feel to it.  I am not certain of their pricing but I'm sure others could chime in on that or you can search through old threads.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know you want a Saturday, but can you reconsider and do a Friday? The Royal Manor quoted me well within your budget for a Friday night in July 2012.
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_looking-venue-royal-manor-feel-atrium-basement-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:e120fac6-3580-4e7d-a422-b2e8dd467745Post:5ccb54af-26be-44c9-882a-5f1d516caa53">Re: Looking for a venue with Royal Manor feel and Atrium basement price?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about Addison Park?  It has a modern, clean feel to it.  I am not certain of their pricing but I'm sure others could chime in on that or you can search through old threads.
    Posted by buttrflyah[/QUOTE]

<div>Addison Park is way over that budget, even on a Friday or Sunday.</div>
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • mrsR12mrsR12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about Fiesta in their new room? we're booked for next August there.  the room was newly renovated with a very modern feel.  we got a decent price (within your budget)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Did you like The Tides? It falls into your price point. Graycliff is another option.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You can do a Friday night at the Valley Regency for that price.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely look at The Fiesta and Richfield Regency in Verona.
  • bereasonable2bereasonable2 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chucky Cheese.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the The Elan in Lodi... I just booked and it was $122 all inclusive and included a DJ which we met with and really like. The place was completely renovated and has a very modern look.  It is well worth the visit.  I am their biggest fan since I booked my wedding!! 

The Fiesta and the Greycliff are great spots but definitely not modern.

Let me know how make out. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions! We're really set on a Saturday night, we don't want to inconvience anyone on a work day. Looks like I have a little more hunting to do or try to break these guys down on their price/minimums! Thanks again :)
  • edited December 2011
    The Empire Club, I am getting married there on a Saturday, they worked with my budget and it is a remodeled place, it has a new, modern elegant feel. I love it.
  • erikab2009erikab2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I second The Empire Club. I had my wedding there. Everything was great and has that modern look like the royal manor. The rooms look similar.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards