Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Processional unique songs

I am having trouble finding a song, or songs for my wedding processional. I thought You Raise Me Up as an instrumental would be nice, but I'm stuck without any alternative ideas. I also thought about Marry Me by Train. Help!

Re: Processional unique songs

• amberandboysamberandboys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking to an instrumental version of Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros.  FI and I both love the band & it's such a beautiful song.  I don't have anything for the bridal party yet, as I'm not sure I want everybody to walk into this song.

Edited to add: Someone mentioned Vitamin String Quartet not long ago...I also love their version of Elliott Smith's "Say Yes"

They have lots of others, too...that's just a song that we really like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used an acoustic guitar version of "Canon in D" -- not crazy, but a little different.
  • kory3bkory3b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I canwrite you a unique custom-made song, to fit your needs exactly
    kory@korylivingtone.com
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Brandon Heath - Love Never Fails

Love love love it and always have :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Jenniferm911Jenniferm911 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your dad is walking you in---Walk with you by Edwin McCain is a great song 
  • edited December 2011
    My girls are walking in to Pure Imagination (We are using the glee version) I am walking in to Angel by Jack Johnson
  • megan213megan213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having a string trio at our ceremony and they will be playing an instrumental versio of Snow Patrol's "Chasing cars" and then we will use the radio version of that song for our first dance.
    BabyName Ticker
  • ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Brian Crain's Butterfly Waltz and Song for Sienna for our BM's and Bride's entrance songs in our ceremony. Love them both and the piano/cello sound beautifully together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • IamkiweeIamkiwee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking in to The only Exception by Paramore, music only, no lyrics. It's really pretty.
  • kellielovekellielove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a acoustic guitarist at my ceremony and I am looking for suggestions on songs. Any ideas?
  • edited December 2011

Wow, great song choices ladies!!! 

What will you and your new Mr. walk out to then?

• We are using the instrumental version of Just Breathe by Pearl Jam. It's very pretty, but not over killed like Canon in D :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards