Canada

Snowing

We're experiencing snow flurries this morning, but I caught myself before complaining that it's too early for snow. It's December! How'd that happen?

also realize other parts of the country have already had to shovel. So I'm wondering, who's had to deal with the white stuff already this year?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Snowing

• Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well we had freezing rain in Montreal last week.  NOT FUN!  But no worth-to-mention amount of snow yet.  Just flurries.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had a huge dump of snow in Calgary 2 weeks ago. then it got to -30 for a few days.
    We're back up to +2 today.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I woke up to snow on Saturday morning but that ended pretty soon. It actually stuck around briefly too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Habs2HartHabs2Hart member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We got 2 feet on Friday.  In one day.  Then it rained all day yesterday and took it away.  Now today it's snowing again, but doesn't seem to be covering.  Just making things even more wet.  Yuck.
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was snowing all day while I was teaching...luckily it stopped when the day ended so my drive home was okay!
  • edited December 2011

This was us a couple weeks ago

That was all in one day.

Then we had a stretch of about -40 for about a week.  It has finally gotten back to the -10s to -20s.  Thank goodness.

Weather has no mercy in Saskatchewan.

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've had flurries but no real snow yet.  I'm just waiting for it...

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_snowing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:bd880fa5-2f1c-46f8-b37d-a294c4fe7c28Post:7940ec84-59ab-46ae-8081-4b69f22a7a8c">Re: Snowing</a>:
    [QUOTE]This was us a couple weeks ago That was all in one day. Then we had a stretch of about -40 for about a week.  It has finally gotten back to the -10s to -20s.  Thank goodness. Weather has no mercy in Saskatchewan.
    Posted by tiffbot1985[/QUOTE]

heeeheee. We sent it your way after it hit us :P
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_snowing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:bd880fa5-2f1c-46f8-b37d-a294c4fe7c28Post:6176dfa6-6d36-4e2b-985c-25df404471a0">Re: Snowing</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Snowing : heeeheee. We sent it your way after it hit us :P
    Posted by mcdol3[/QUOTE]

Oh believe me, I know!  I work in an industry where most of my stuff gets shipped from Calgary, and I am the receiver.  I had like, nothing to do at work for about 4 days because first day or two shipping companies wouldn't leave from Calgary, then the next couple days they wouldn't travel to Saskatoon because it was snowing here!  Doi on them for not thinking weather travels east..
  • echo136echo136 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am excited about snow! It started snowing here (London, ON) Sunday and has not stopped! Its amazing! I love snow! It has shut the city down today! So much snow!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_snowing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:bd880fa5-2f1c-46f8-b37d-a294c4fe7c28Post:6ffce523-a948-4614-8dd9-99a64013a402">Re: Snowing</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am excited about snow! It started snowing here (London, ON) Sunday and has not stopped! Its amazing! I love snow! It has shut the city down today! So much snow!!
    Posted by echo136[/QUOTE]

Since you love it so much, please keep it! I'm in Windsor and dreading that system moving down here.
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LidleD - I'm living in Windsor too.  Since I moved here I've noticed that the area really doesn't get any snow at all.  Has it always been this way, or is this a recent trend?
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011

lalap69 - It varies from year to year. A couple of years ago it seemed like we were shovelling every day. But last year, there were just a few days that we got a bunch of snow at once. I guess, it's all relative too. If you moved here from up north, what we think is a lot of snow, will seem like a dusting to you

;-)

• lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LidleD - I moved from just North of Toronto. :)  And OMG is it ever snowing right now!!!  It might actually last on the ground.  Guess London decided not to keep it all after all!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards