Connecticut
Options

hair/makeup process

Hi Ladies,
I am ready to start looking into choosing hair and makeup artists and I've gotten some great ideas of who does good work from the boards. I'm just wondering how you go about choosing. Do you contact people and do a bunch of trials? Or look at portfolios and meet with people and only do the trial once you've chosen? or something else?
I'd love any insight you have! TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: hair/makeup process

• Options
    I relied on the girls here.  If you have trials at several places it could get expensive.  For instance Dana Bartone (who i'm using) is $65 makeup and $65 hair.  From the research I've done that's about typical.  You will not be disaapointed if you choose Dana Bartone.  Amy who did my makeup is awesome!  She's very sweet and listened to everything i wanted.  I haven't gone for my hair trial yet but I can only imagine that the girl who's going to do my hair will be the same.  All the girls there seem really nice.  Only stipulation with Dana Bartone is that you have to have at least 3 people getting their services for them to travel to you.  But I think that is typically of other salons too, some require more. 
  • Options
    jaime10285jaime10285 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    My regular hair dresser did my hair so I knew I wanted her. I did a trial to try the style with her a month before the wedding. For makeup, I picked one that had great reviews on here, Danielle Santagata, and did a trial 6 months before the wedding to see if I wanted to book her. Fortunately I loved her work and booked her on the spot. If I hadn't I guess I would have kept doing trials with people.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    I used Amy and Lauren from Dana Bartone & Co. and loved them! 
    My decision was based on reviews from here, photos of their work online, and pricing... Although most of the popular ones are similar in price, the travel fee might be significantly higher depending on where you are.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I used Larissa Lake and Co after seeing reviews on here.  I went to websites from the different stylists such as Dana Baratone, Naimo etc. and liked Larissa's portfolio the best.  So I called and booked her, then I did a trial.  I agree with the PP that doing trials with a bunch of different stylists can get expensive.  But it is all based on what you are comfortable doing.
  • Options
    I went with the reviews from the ladies on here. I have been working with Danielle Santagata since I booked her. She did my makeup for my e-pics and it was great!!! I can't wait to continue to work with her and have my bridal trial done. I booked Dana Bartone and Co. for onsite hair services as well based on the reviews on the board. I will be working with Dana or Lauren. Can't wait, their pictures look amazing, and Lauren has been awesome so far..aswering all of my questions etc.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I chose Larissa Lake based on the recommendations of the ladies on here!
  • Options
    thank you so much for all of your feedback - I will definitely be looking into the prices and portfolios of some of these vendors then narrowing it down to do maybe 1 or 2 trials! Thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards