40-Plus Brides

Older bride young groom

Yes after leaving together for the past 9 years, we've decided to get married. I'm 49 his 33. My second his first. I have a loving 12 year old that will be walking me down the isle. I'm just a mess these days. Please lady's HELP

Re: Older bride young groom

• Why are you a mess?
  • Ok, gotta say, BFD.  I married a man 10 years younger. Didn't create any drama.  I have a grown daughter.  Not sure what you need help with, other than help posting, maybe. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • I was in my 40s and FI was in his 30s when we married, though our gap was less than yours.  I think it's fabulous to be married to a younger guy.

The people on this board can be very encouraging to you, and you can ask more specific questions for us to answer, too.  Good luck to you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_older-bride-young-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:43fe88c1-9de6-4ff1-8cc7-d45f11c03800Post:038a2cad-e9e2-444f-8217-94f493b5cadc">Re: Older bride young groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Older bride young groom : Do you need help with planning?  We need more information.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

. I'm a complete mess win everything, the planning, " the money" , we are paying for everything, I work 14 hrs x day, plus my home, "homework, etc.....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_older-bride-young-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:43fe88c1-9de6-4ff1-8cc7-d45f11c03800Post:038a2cad-e9e2-444f-8217-94f493b5cadc">Re: Older bride young groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Older bride young groom : Do you need help with planning?  We need more information.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

I'm plus size, budget wedding, I'm really a mess, and I would love a very classy elegat wedding for 50 guest
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    I have 3 daughters who have gotten married so I have planned a wedding or two.  I can tell you that the first 3 basic things you need to do, in order, are:

1.  Decide what your budget is
    2.  Make your guest list
    3.  Decide how you want to entertain those guests with the money you have available.

You seem very frazzled and I think you are going about this a bit out of order.  From reading your posts you want to do an elegant wedding in NJ for  50 guests for 5000.00.  Is this correct?

I'm from MI, but in my years on the knot I have come to realize that NJ is really expensive for weddings.  

I really recommend that you decide what your budget is, and have that money in hand.  I get the idea you are planning a 5000.00 wedding but you don't necessarily have that much disposable income.  I say that because you mentioned that the money is worrying  you.

Plan what you can afford, not the fantasy in your head.  Host your guests well with what you can afford and you will have a wonderful wedding.  Time of day is everything as far as meals and costs.

Nail down your budget and guest list first and then see what you can afford to do for that many people.  Your reception is normally 50% - 60% of your total budget.

Good luck.
  • Ditto Retread.
    We were married at 11:30, followed by lunch @ $16 per person inclusive.
    Lunch or brunch is amazingly cheap.
  • In Response to Re:Older bride young groom:[QUOTE]Ditto Retread.We were married at 11:30, followed by lunch 16 per person inclusive.Lunch or brunch is amazingly cheap. Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

Brunch is a great idea...but Kristin didn't you say 12pp inclusive in a post just a few down? I'm confused.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards