Missouri-St Louis

Windows off/on Washington VS. Old Hickory help

Hi all... I am just starting the planning process and am stuck between Windows On/Off Washington and Old Hickory Country Club In St. Peters. Does anyone have an pros and cons about either one of these places? I am going to visit them in June as I am living in KC so would love to know a few things before I go! THanks all! :)

Re: Windows off/on Washington VS. Old Hickory help

• angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have only been to Windows Off Washington.  It is beautiful and both receptions I went to there were great.  They have balconies where guests can walk outside and look at the view.  One had a view of the arch-sort of view- and one looked down on the City Museum below.  My friend and her groom and bridal party got to go take pics in the City Museum during the reception which was cool.  Guests have to park sort of far away and take a shuttle or walk to the reception hall.  The elevator line is backed up at peak times.  They give all the guests champaigne as they walk in.  The rooms are beautiful. Windows Off is pretty pricey!  My friend did her wedding and reception on a Friday and it was cheaper that way.  Good luck and enjoy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mmdpmmmdpm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to receptions at both.  Each has pros and cons.  At WOW you get the view and ambiance, but personally my FI and I were not impressed with the food.  At Old Hickory you get different views more green, less city, but we LOVED the food.  So look and both and see what feels right to you.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a reception at WOW.  I was not impressed with the location (guests had to drive through an alley w/dumpsters to get to the parking lot).  The view from the reception site was nice.  But that was it.  The food was just okay.  There can be more than one reception at a time at the location (different rooms) therefore the restrooms are shared.  Early in the evening I had to tell the staff that the ladies room was atroscious -- and that was just after dinner.  Would never be my choice.
  • edited December 2011
    We're planning to have our reception at Old Hickory, so I'm a bit partial.  I looked at many venues before making a decision and really thought OH was right for us.  The entrance and drive to the clubhouse is very pretty.  Everything is well kept and pristine.  The decor inside is neutral and the deck overlooking the course is very pretty.  I'm attaching a few photos for you to see, if you haven't been there yet!  We went for the tasting and I thought everything was tasty.  It was very hard to decide, but we went with the traditional...appetizers: fresh fruit and cheese display; for the plated dinner: mixed greens salad, herb roasted chicken, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and italian green beans.  Our big day is about a month away and we can't wait!!  Smile

The entrance to the banquet center -

The beautiful deck overlooking the lake -

Inside of the Cypress Room:

Good Luck making a decision & Happy Planning!
    Melissa

• 91011bride91011bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried to send a message but didn't work. Where did you end up selecting??? I'm curious because I was torn between those two venues as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards