Wedding Woes

Need Advice: MOH let down.. only 2 months b4 wedding

2»

Re: Need Advice: MOH let down.. only 2 months b4 wedding

• TenGrandTenGrand member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah in october. like "nostrakuus," i can see into the future so i pre-emptively made an account.

don't quit your day job, sherlock. the detection world doesn't need you.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ...although your THIRTY-THOUSAND posts must mean you know sometihng about internet snark, so maybe you can teach me.
  • L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Haterade tastes really, really good.
    2. Be there =/= doing everything you want her to do just because you want her to do it. Be there = standing next to you in (hopefully) a pretty dress, saying something nice as a speech (if she doesn't fear public speaking more than death) and maybe helping you bustle your dress. That's about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still laughing at haterade.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Who the what now?  Aneurisms?  What in the sam hill are you talking about?!
  • edited December 2011
    TenBland says you are going to give yourself aneurisms getting this upset over someone else's stress. And you, in particular, are going to get wrinkles, which is a shame because your H only married you for your looks. Also, she hopes your babies resemble marine animals.
    edited December 2011
    I do love marine animals.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hardy har.  I actually have many more than 30k.  But hey, I guess we can't all be perfect? 

Also, black beans are MUCH better than pinto. SO THERE!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_need-advice-moh-let-down-only-2-months-b4-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:49bdb072-b10c-4ab2-9d96-1ce1a8ab1b7aPost:c7cded7a-3aa3-405c-94c2-c58de73802c4">Re: Need Advice: MOH let down.. only 2 months b4 wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know what I like to do when I have nothing better and feel like neglecting my family? Spending hours on the internet looking up blogs for me to spread my dislike for life and talk about ideal I have no intention in following myself. HI ReturnofKuus! I agree with TenGrand. I *really* hope you are pretty because I wouldn't want to commit myself to you for life with that attitude on you. But hey, don't worry. There is hope. If you get a 2nd chance to get married - because when that beauty fades ... and it will ... your b*tchy ass will be dumped - you will have the opportunity to not have a bachelorette party or a shower or ... well hey, according to you .. nothing! Because your friend will not want to be near you while you plan your next wedding. <strong>BTW, WTF is up with the monobrow guy in your profile? Is that what you tricked into getting you pregnant?</strong> MinM, it's not out of line to ask for help from friends when they agreed to be a part of it. Anyone would be disappointed if their best friend wasn't involved  in an important turn in their life. But let me ask you ... did you have a bachelor party? If so, shut up. You are talking with your mouth full. Hey AubriM, sorry. I saw this and I thought it was a little one sided. Plus I *really* liked TenGrand's responses and thought I would like to be on the winning side of the arguement. Out of line? No. If things are happening the way you described them then I would definately talk to the Best Man/MOH. Long explainantion short. She is your friend. If we can't  talk sensibly with out friends then who are they? To all the negative people in this post. This is what we call constructive, objective advice. It would be considered decent of a person to do that than be a total tw@t ... you know who you are.
    Posted by RingLeader3911[/QUOTE]

PFFFT. She wishes.
  • jess9802jess9802 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The expectations a bride has for her MOH is inversely proportional to the amount of effort the MOH will put forth.

Seriously, the MOH doesn't have to do anything but show up the day of the wedding in appropriate attire. That's it. She doesn't have to throw a bridal shower or a bachelorette or stay up all night wrapping favors or attending an invitation-addressing party. But if you are a good friend to her, remain interested in her life, and make no demands of her, she may very well OFFER to do any of those things because she loves you and doesn't want to see you stress.

• aubrimaubrim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    okay thanks crazie knotties. I've learned to not look to this place for advice anymore.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your MOH is a horrible human being and should be strung up by her toes while homeless dogs lick her face. She is a terrible person, a terrible friend, and should honor her title of MOH by being at your beck and call every day between now and the wedding. Anyone who thinks differently is stupid and mean and cruel and obviously don't know how important you are and how little your maid of honor's life means without the title of maid of honor to justify it. You are the queen of all that is awesome and deserve to be fed grapes as 12 burly men carry you from room to room on your throne singing songs about what a wonderful friend and person you are.

Is that what you were looking for?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no, probably because everyone on this site is a bully and anyone who comes to this aite--A WEDDING PLANNING SITE, in case you've forgotten with all the crazy things going on in your busy, fulfilling lives--to ask for advice is SHOT DOWN. maybe it's because you're all disappointed that your weddings were YEARS ago and you still haven't found something better to do with your time than ruin someone else's day on a--wait for it--WEDDING PLANNING WEBSITE, or maybe it's straight-up jealousy (yes, i played the jealous card. deal with it), but either way, you are the most unpleasant bunch of filthy subhuman wenches i have ever had the misfortune of pseudo-communicating with. these boards are dominated by four or five bullies who rip people with questions apart, but then expect valuable feedback on posts like "omg spartacus is so great!!111" and "why doesn't my husband do a better job at removing ingrown hairs from my festering vag?" trust me, i've got a feeling it's not going to be aubrim's loss.

and for the record, i'm sorry you all had rec center weddings and chuck e. cheeze  bachelorettes, but if people wanted MUNDANE weddings where their bridal party wouldn't do anything for them on the wedding day other than show up in whatever gaudy, sequin-infested monstrosity you put them in, then this site shuldn't exist. this is for people that want their day to be unique and thoughtful. hie thee to yahoo chat rooms if you're going to act like backne-ridden internet trolls.
  • edited December 2011
    This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_need-advice-moh-let-down-only-2-months-b4-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:49bdb072-b10c-4ab2-9d96-1ce1a8ab1b7aPost:e5580e22-d780-4e9b-9d19-586bd5853337">Re: Need Advice: MOH let down.. only 2 months b4 wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]no, probably because everyone on this site is a bully and anyone who comes to this aite--A WEDDING PLANNING SITE, in case you've forgotten with all the crazy things going on in your busy, fulfilling lives--to ask for advice is SHOT DOWN. maybe it's because you're all disappointed that your weddings were YEARS ago and you still haven't found something better to do with your time than ruin someone else's day on a--wait for it--WEDDING PLANNING WEBSITE, or maybe it's straight-up jealousy (yes, i played the jealous card. deal with it), but either way, you are the most unpleasant bunch of filthy subhuman wenches i have ever had the misfortune of pseudo-communicating with. these boards are dominated by four or five bullies who rip people with questions apart, but then expect valuable feedback on posts like "omg spartacus is so great!!111" and "why doesn't my husband do a better job at removing ingrown hairs from my festering vag?" trust me, i've got a feeling it's not going to be aubrim's loss. and for the record, i'm sorry you all had rec center weddings and chuck e. cheeze  bachelorettes, but if people wanted MUNDANE weddings where their bridal party wouldn't do anything for them on the wedding day other than show up in whatever gaudy, sequin-infested monstrosity you put them in, then this site shuldn't exist. this is for people that want their day to be unique and thoughtful. hie thee to yahoo chat rooms if you're going to act like backne-ridden internet trolls.
    Posted by TenGrand[/QUOTE]

Well now you're just trying too hard.

And perhaps you aren't aware of how the internet works? Heavily trafficked forums rarely stay OMG ON TOPIC ALL. THE. TIME. 

When people are assholes are you not supposed to call them out for being an asshole? Should you just act like their attitude is okay?

No, instead you should lurk and/or wait until your friend calls you in tears asking you to back her up on a public website because she couldn't possibly figure out how to ignore things that she doesn't want to hear or - here's a concept - reread the nonsense she just wrote, the responses she gets, and reconsider her position. That would be ludicrous.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_need-advice-moh-let-down-only-2-months-b4-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:49bdb072-b10c-4ab2-9d96-1ce1a8ab1b7aPost:d33a29e9-bbcb-49e8-ab25-ce97639776b1">Re: Need Advice: MOH let down.. only 2 months b4 wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]

HA!  I know. 

Andplusalso, I was debating about posting an update on my 'issue' and now I know I will.  HEE!  :)
    edited December 2011
    If planning what is essentially a glorified party is such a huge, stressful part of your life that you need assistance and emotional support, then you're doing it all wrong.
  • edited December 2011
    RingLeader - I had several bridal showers and bachelorette parties, because people VOLUNTEERED to host them for me. Not because I said it was party of their duties or because I asked them to throw them for me. You can't make anyone throw a PARTY for you. You can't make them work for free. Just because someone agrees to be part of your wedding DAY doesn't mean they have volunteered to weeks and months of slave labor.
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dolphin belly for Kuus!

Eh, it's just not the same, is it?
  • edited December 2011
    It needs a unibrow.
    edited December 2011
    the what hairs?
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is the gunt?
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Three pages!! YAY!

And I'm dying to know what a 'gunt' is as well.  I'm afraid to google.
  • edited December 2011
    MinM ... you've had SEVERAL bridal showers & Bachelorette parties? (sorry for the caps but it seems that is your theme.) First, get off the dang computer and tend to your marriage (if it still exists). You are the LAST person who should be giving advice. ESPECIALLY when you try to get people on YOUR side by using CAPS and words like SLAVE LABOR. (Yes, I am mocking you.)

Y'all, I'm being mocked. What ever will I do!?!?! And oh, I looks like I have my own theme. Too bad it isn't vodka. I was really hoping it'd be vodka.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards