Pre-wedding Parties

What Type of Card to Give?

I am going to a friend's bridal shower this weekend and I was wondering what kind of card to give. FI and I gave a "congrats on your engagement" card at their engagement party, we have one picked out for their wedding (I bought at the same time as the engagement card because they matched), but I'm unsure as to what card to give at her shower.

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.

Re: What Type of Card to Give?

• edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure they make bridal shower cards. They make cards for everything these days, you just need to look for it. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    They make lots of bridal shower cards.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Looks like I'm going to go Papyrus sooner than I thought. Oh well. Last time I went I didn't really look too much into their cards as I was there for stationary.

Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • edited December 2011
    If you already have a blank card you could just write a personal note in it. I don't think it HAS to be a specific bridal shower card.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic *This is not legal advice*
  • edited December 2011
    But what do you say in it? I have some nice blank ones..... I'm just clueless on what to write for a shower.

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_type-of-card-give?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:c6308237-55ea-40c9-80a8-047243f3b4bdPost:801c6c9f-1cac-4ee5-8201-424190c7c93a">Re: What Type of Card to Give?</a>:
    [QUOTE]But what do you say in it? I have some nice blank ones..... I'm just clueless on what to write for a shower.
    Posted by LoisLane007[/QUOTE]

"Congrats on your wedding!"

Are you bringing a gift?  Just put the card in with the gift. 

But yes, they make bridal shower cards.  Papyrus will sell you one on regular paper for a mere $15.
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_type-of-card-give?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:c6308237-55ea-40c9-80a8-047243f3b4bdPost:ce13e6ba-bc06-4a4d-880b-3eee878f9f7f">Re: What Type of Card to Give?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Type of Card to Give? : "Congrats on your wedding!" Are you bringing a gift?  Just put the card in with the gift.  But yes, they make bridal shower cards.  Papyrus will sell you one on regular paper for a mere $15.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]
    Whoa, Hallmark will sell you one for a third that price.

If your card is blank, maybe something like, "I hope this gift will help you and John start the next chapter in your life." Or something less cheesy like that.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies on the wording advice. I really only try to use Papyrus for stationary only when they have sales.

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hehe... I was kidding about Papyrus (sorta). 

They are super expensive, but I love their cards.  Every time the cashier looks at me and says "$7," I want to die a little inside and think "next time, I'm going to Hallmark, I swear!" 

It never works :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Yup, pretty much. Their stationary is so neat though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards