April 2013 Weddings

Blank RSVP

Hmm... I got an RSVP back today that simply says 3 people will be attending.  By process of elimination, I am guessing it is my Aunt, Uncle and one of their adult kids.  I wonder why the name line wasn't filled out!!  I have got one like this before, but it had a return address on it.  I emailed the family I think it is.  Hopefully they get back to me!!  Most of the RSVPs are in! 75% of them, and the deadline is Thursday.  I feel much less stressed now and am confident that I will have at least 85% of them back by the deadline!  Only nine calls to make if I don't get anymore at all.  Not bad!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Blank RSVP

• At least you were able to narrow it down to the family you think it is.  I'm afraid of blank RSVP cards as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I made a numbered list of guests and wrote the number on the back of the RSVP card in case a blank one came in- I'd match the number and know whose card it is.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_blank-rsvp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:78d2f831-2902-4572-bb92-a5a91b14db2bPost:d38d4881-5af4-40b8-a434-9244592bd1e0">Re: Blank RSVP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I made a numbered list of guests and wrote the number on the back of the RSVP card in case a blank one came in- I'd match the number and know whose card it is.
    Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yep, I did this, too.  Thank you Pinterest!  I got one blank but it had a check from my great aunt and uncle in it so I figured it out ;-)

</div>
  • I have had people actually call me and ask directions on filling the rsvp card out. Maybe they got confused.
  • Great idea Ally! I wish I knew to do that! I figured it out. Lol I was like wth is this? Yay! Only a few rsvps left!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • In Response to Re:Blank RSVP:[QUOTE]I made a numbered list of guests and wrote the number on the back of the RSVP card in case a blank one came in I'd match the number and know whose card it is. Posted by allychase[/QUOTE]

This! We had someone write "I will bring a date" and that was it! no names at all! Lol. Thankfully we secretly numbered our rsvp card.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've received 3 RSVP cards with no name on them. Lucky for me, a co-worker who got married last summer told me about writng a number with an invisible ink pen and using a UV light to check the number if I received any blank RSVPs.

My FSIL sent me a text asking what to put on the M____________ line. I told her and she still only responded with her date's name, but not her own. I'm not sure why RSVP cards are so confusing to some people.
  • I purchased a pen that you can only see under a blacklight. We wrote all the numbers on the back and I was pretty stoked to get to use the light a few times lol.
  • I heard about the invisible numbers thing, but ended up just prining return addresses on all of the envelopes, so I have been going by that.  Glad I did something for this though, almost half of mine so far came back blank or with "Congratulations" or something written after the M__... 
  • Ugh!  This is my fear.  I told my mom I was going to do the Pinterest-inspired numbering thing and she told me I was crazy and a bridezilla.  So I didn't number them and now I wish I had!
  • Anyone who mails you back a blank RSVP card should be uninvited for stupidness. :)

• Wow. Wish I'd thought or heard of the numbering idea before we sent ours out! Luckily we haven't had any issues so far - people are writing in their names correctly and no extras so far! But we're not even to the halfway mark with responses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards