California-Northern

Village Cake Shoppe in Sacramento?

I am pretty sure we're going to use him. My aunt recommended me and we visited yesterday while we were in town and tried his Neopolitan cake at our tasting today at our venue and it was TO DIE FOR!

Anyone have epxerience with them?

We are going to set up an appointment and stuff but I don't have a quote yet.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Village Cake Shoppe in Sacramento?

• edited December 2011
    I tried the cakes, I thought they were okay. We found somewhere closer we liked better with no delivery fee. Sacramento to Lodi was a little expensive. We ended up finding somewhere in Lodi that we liked. 

They were really nice. They didnt normally do tastings on that day, but they made us a little to go box that we picked up in Sacramento and tried at home. 
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried Ettore's?  Even if you go with Village (which I'm sure is awesome!), you should take advantage of an Ettore's tasting.  It's sooooo good, and they give you 7 full pieces of cake to take home with you.  Totally amazing flavors.  We ended up with a Grooms' cake and wedding cake that used 5 of their 7 flavors!  haha :)  GL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well ours would be Sacramento to Sacramento.

I have heard of Ettores, but haven't set anything up with them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am going with Ettore's.... seriously, just go to their tasting if nothing else.

But I bet if you try their cakes you'll be sold ;)
  • jojolinajojolina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used village cake shoppe and he did a great job.  he is a little eccentric, but our cake was beautiful.  Here is a pick.  I designed it after my dress.

• edited December 2011
    So far so good with my baker, River City Cakes. It's in Elk Grove. Small shop but my tasting went well. The red velvet and napoleon were great!! A friend of mine used her for a cake a few months ago and when I mentioned it, she gave me a discount as if I was a previous buyer!! Super nice lady right off the bat! The only thing is this: When I asked my friend who has used her previously, she said that the cake was supposed to be layered chocolate and vanilla and they gave her only vanilla. She said, it was worth it and very good but you need to push them to be very detail oriented. I'm a control freak so I have no problem doing so but don't think that you're going to get the cake of your dreams if you only state your preference once. Be very specific and detailed, just south of pushy bridezilla. I'm doing one traditional cake for 60 guests to be dragged on a little trailer pulled by a porshe GT2 cake for my husband. She quoted me $375 which I feel is very reasonable for the style and labour intensive work for which I'm asking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards