June 2012 Weddings
Options

Favorite Wedding Detail?

2»

Re: Favorite Wedding Detail?

• Options
    Midge you are too beautiful! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_favorite-wedding-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:49cb3b1a-e036-4a33-9cdc-7b8c3c2bee12Post:8ed97f16-848d-4419-ac4c-07147821c869">Re: Favorite Wedding Detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Midge you are too beautiful! 
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

Thank you. *blushes*

I feel like I post this a lot, but I promise I'm not fishing for compliments. I really have no idea if that's the designer of it.
  • Options
    Midge, I love your dress! You look beautiful.

Don't feel bad, I had no idea who my designer was until, I pulled the bridal consultant aside before we left the shop. If I didnt ask her, I probably would have not known either. I was too excited.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Midge!! I haven't seen your dress before, but I've seen you talk about how you fall in love with it a little more every time you see it :) I LOVE it!! it looks so gorgeous on you, you really make it shine! Yay!! I looove the train, too, did you have it lengthened? it looks really long? I only ask because I ordered mine with an extra two feet of train and everyone thinks I'm crazy for having this super long train, but it's exactly what I wanted! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_favorite-wedding-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:49cb3b1a-e036-4a33-9cdc-7b8c3c2bee12Post:b5d5fbd6-a1ae-447b-aa75-8150b84d6f43">Re: Favorite Wedding Detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't wait until it's time for me to walk down the aisle and I get to see the look on FI's face. I know, kinda cheesy detail - just like the Men's Wearhouse commercial. <strong>Everyone will be looking at me, but I will be looking at him.</strong>
    Posted by KrisKenny[/QUOTE]

when I attend weddings, I always watch the groom because the expressions on his face is always priceless
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_favorite-wedding-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:49cb3b1a-e036-4a33-9cdc-7b8c3c2bee12Post:8ed97f16-848d-4419-ac4c-07147821c869">Re: Favorite Wedding Detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Midge you are too beautiful! 
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

agree! that dress was made for you. I love it more and more every time I see it
  • Options
    My personalized cake topper, and the belt that goes on my dress :)
  • Options
    My wedding ring. It was more blingy than I had first wanted but when I put it on FI said, "that's it, that's the one". For him to have such a reaction means a lot to me!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My venue! I can't wait to get married in the vineyard overlooking the lake. Gorgeous scenery will definitely add to the atmosphere.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm super excited about my brooch bouquet, because it will be something I have forever and can display in our home. Also, I can super personalize it. I think it's beautiful (even though I haven't finished it yet)!

A close second is my venue! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My wedding ring. When FI and I went to look I tried on one that was more blingy than I thought I wanted. It was beautifulbut expensive so I didn't say anything. As soon as I put it on FI said, "that's it, that's the one!". For him to have such a strong reaction meant a lot to me.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I think it depends on the category.

I absolutely adore/am obsessed with my veil. I put it on and walk around whenever I go home. It's perfect. I'm also in love with my wedding jewlery. The bracelet was custom made by my great grandfather for my great grandmother. There's actually a matching one that my mom is going to wear. Then my earrings were my grandma's that are now my aunt's that she has asked if I would wear.

I am smitten with our photographer though. She's so talented and so sweet. 

FI's favorite detail is the bourbon bar. I think it's the venue coordinator's favorite too.
  • Options
    Besides being a wife and marrying the love of my life!! haha....hmmm I would say our table linens....haha hear me out. I wanted a specific print and I found a great deal on both the table cloth and overlays so I'm ecstatic about how the tables will look! :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The fact that my wedding is in Maui!!  Holiday and wedding at the same time!  And we get to see the FI's Australian family that we haven't seen in 2 years!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_favorite-wedding-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:49cb3b1a-e036-4a33-9cdc-7b8c3c2bee12Post:7bfe587c-43d5-4af3-9c48-6675d25d8c8a">Re: Favorite Wedding Detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it depends on the category. I absolutely adore/am obsessed with my veil. I put it on and walk around whenever I go home. It's perfect. I'm also in love with my wedding jewlery. <strong>The bracelet was custom made by my great grandfather for my great grandmother. There's actually a matching one that my mom is going to wear.</strong> Then my earrings were my grandma's that are now my aunt's that she has asked if I would wear. I am smitten with our photographer though. She's so talented and so sweet.  FI's favorite detail is the bourbon bar. I think it's the venue coordinator's favorite too.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]
    you need to get a picture of this!
  • Options
    Mine is our cake topper. We have two wooden birds that my grandpa whittled for us. Whittling was one of his big hobbies in his life and our birds may be the last ones he ever makes since his hands aren't as steady anymore. I'm so excited to have such a personal family item in our wedding and will be displaying them in our home after the wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_favorite-wedding-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:49cb3b1a-e036-4a33-9cdc-7b8c3c2bee12Post:4fe347cc-66c7-4ed1-9547-5c9a41bf8e6b">Re: Favorite Wedding Detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Wedding Detail? : you need to get a picture of this!
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

I'll try! My mom keeps it in her safety deposit box, so i'll have to give her some heads up. The one I'm wearing is 3 strands of pearls that have 3 sets of sapphire connectors. There's also a diamond and sapphire tennis bracelet, but I think the pearls will look best with my dress and will definitely match the earrings. I also think it's really special that my mom and I can wear the same bracelet on my wedding day!
  • Options
    To be completely honest, I am not really excited about any of the details of the wedding. I am most excited about building our family and our home.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_favorite-wedding-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:49cb3b1a-e036-4a33-9cdc-7b8c3c2bee12Post:6d873821-fa8a-4221-bcf6-6d1ec065e739">Re: Favorite Wedding Detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Wedding Detail? : I'll try! My mom keeps it in her safety deposit box, so i'll have to give her some heads up. The one I'm wearing is 3 strands of pearls that have 3 sets of sapphire connectors. There's also a diamond and sapphire tennis bracelet, but I think the pearls will look best with my dress and will definitely match the earrings. <strong>I also think it's really special that my mom and I can wear the same bracelet on my wedding day!</strong>
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]
    I am picturing one of those generation picture you see on Pinteresst with the grandmothers, mothers and bride showing their rings together....
  • Options
    Our venue: walt Disney World
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The Location and My Dress!!! Besides meeting my bestfriend at the end of the aisle.

Midge your dress is beautiful.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Midge I don't think anyone thinks you are fishing, you are just naturally alluring :P
  • Options

My favorite detail?  I'm not sure....I love my dress even though after I first left DB I thought I may have gotten the wrong one! I went in wanting a halter dress and ended up with what I didn't want---strapless! :0 But as I looked at the pictures of me in both dresses I loved the one I bought more, plus I felt the best--most "bridal"---in it.  I love our venue!  It's bright with lots of windows!  Right now my obseesion is planning how to decorate it.  My other obession is planning our honeymoon to Daytona Beach. I've never been to the ocean so getting a hotel right on the beach will be AWESONE!

If I HAVE to pick one thing it will be wearing my grandmother's necklace and earrings. She died when my mom was only 10, so I never had the priviledge to meet her, but something of hers will go down the isle with me! :)

• Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_favorite-wedding-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:49cb3b1a-e036-4a33-9cdc-7b8c3c2bee12Post:4a668a77-58c0-420a-b3bc-852549253b8e">Re: Favorite Wedding Detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Wedding Detail? : Aw <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www...how">www...how</a> sweet!  Can you share a picture of it?
    Posted by Shelly527IN[/QUOTE]

I have pictures of them in my planning bio (DIY - Completed Projects). My computer is on the fritz (hopefully able to be fixed) which is where all my pictures are, along with everything else for the wedding.
  • Options
    I love my dress, my church, and our pew decorations:

I saw that picture in TK magazine years ago and have always loved it! And I'm pretty much obsessed with our florist!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_favorite-wedding-detail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:49cb3b1a-e036-4a33-9cdc-7b8c3c2bee12Post:710397ae-4f90-4270-b935-def54877a527">Re: Favorite Wedding Detail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite Wedding Detail? : I am picturing one of those generation picture you see on Pinteresst with the grandmothers, mothers and bride showing their rings together....
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

I wish we could with my Mom's mom! She passed away in 1999. I could do one with my mom and aunt though.
  • Options
    Ok it's a toss up between 3 things. 1. I'm in love with my wedding colors (purple & turquoise) 2. My best friend is my baker and is making awesome tiramisu cupcakes. 3. My ring. I tried it on with my ering and can't wait to have it on my finger forever! Sorry ladies I have trouble picking just one lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards