My fiance and I are both Catholic, and wanting to be married in the Catholic church. I was married once before, my fiance has not. Because my first marriage was in the church, even though my ex was not Catholic, I am going through the annulment process. I wasn't initally sure I wanted to go through all the painful paperwork, drudging up years of bad memories with my ex, and my own turbulent years leading up to that marriage. So, I went to confession several times and finally decided to go through and do it. At that time, my fiance and I were not engaged. Now, I've gotten my painful questionaire filled out and sent back. But obviously, now we are engaged. I know the church is pretty insistant on waiting to plan any wedding until the process is completed and approved. His parish priest even called me and said he thought we should wait (called to update our dating status so the forms were correct). Both my fiance and I, at great length, discussed waiting and believe that there is just too much "what if" to wait. There is no guarantee the annulment request will be approved -- though priest says it looks like I have at least 5 solid reasons for it being approved. And neither of us feel that we should put the start of our life together on hold for church red tape. Part of me is angry that I even have to go through this process when my ex remarried literally 1 month after the civil divorce was final. Don't get me wrong, I love the church. But I take issue sometimes with its policies. So, we're planning our wedding for next October and praying that the annulment goes through expediently so we can be married in the church. If, however, it does not, then we'll be married by my uncle (a non-demonitational Christian minister) and try for a convalidation ceremony at a later date. We know that the convalidation is not a big to-do and would be for ourselves alone. We're fine with that. Our very Catholic families are fine with that. But the parish priest does not seem fine with that, and that makes me nervous. I'm already feeling shut-out from the church by not getting to take communion (a major sticking point with me as my daughter just had her first this past spring), and by going through this annulment process. So uncertain about this right now. I would really love to hear other people's opinions and thoughts on the matter.
Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09
Conal biopsy: '01- results negative
Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring
Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal
Mirena removed July '12
My Ovulation Chart