Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Head Count

According to my parents and a lot of articles I read it's proper etiquette to invite all out of town guests to the rehearsal dinner. We have a LOT of out of town guests since our wedding is a partial destination wedding. 

Do I really have to invite ALL out of towners?? That would be like having a wedding 2 nights in a row.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Head Count

• Options
    Etiquette diesn't require it- only people attending the rehearsal are required by etiquette to be invited to the rehearsal dinner.  It's not right or wrong, etiquette-wise; it's just something that's fairly common.  If it doesn't make sense in your situation, you don't have to do it.
  • Options
    You are definitely in the clear from the etiquette stand point.  It might be common in some circles, but thankfully not in mine.  We are inviting WP, siblings, grandparents, parents, readers, all SO, and both priests.  
  • Options
    You don't have to invite all OOT guests. We only invited people involved in the wedding somehow, so parents, siblings, WP members, readers, pastors, grandparents and all SOs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    No, you don't have to invite all of the oot guests to the RD. When I travel to a wedding, I expect to pay for my own travel expenses, which include meals other than the wedding meal. If your parents want to host the oot guests the night before the wedding, they are free to do so. But it's not a requirement.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards