June 2012 Weddings

Wednesday Checks!!

I feel so excited to be starting this thread today.  My check isn't huge, but it's still a check.  The personalized beer mugs for the groomsmen and dad's arrived yesterday.  Woo hoo!  I also bought the BMs their shoes.  I was going to try and find fancy pairs but I'm glad I didn't.  I ended up going with just plain Old Navy flip flops and they look great! And SOOO much cheaper :)

Re: Wednesday Checks!!

• Woohoo! Chels, Where'd you get those mugs?

I am going to piggy back even though I didn't technically do this stuff today, it was Mon/Tues. Just ordered some BM gifts, got small purses in different colors I thought each of them would like and also got really cute personalized heart necklaces.  

My lovely MOH's family is apparently hosting my shower, and I was trying to think of a host gift that was unique.  They are Norwegian so I found a seller on Etsy that does traditional Scandinavian style paintings and found Welcome signs (Velkommen) that are really amazing.  I'm kind of excited about it. 
  • Those are fun checks!  I just wanted to say that, I haven't done anything for the wedding this week :)
  • This was from last night but I put it in there pretty late, so here it is again. :)

I also got my hair trial tonight! It's simple but I love it. I didn't realize until after she took the picture that you couldn't see the headband so that's why there's a second picture.

She was even able to twist it on the sides without the bobby pins showing! I didn't get a picture of the sides, but it looked a lot like the other hair trial I had. 
  • I really like it Jess, it's so simple but looks so nice!
  • Meg, the hostess gift sounds amazing. I need to start thinking of hostess gifts....

Jess, I love the hair! It looks great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks Ash! Do you have any ideas?
  • Aw thank you. :) I love it's simplicity the most!
  • We picked out all the tuxes last night. It took a lot longer and was a lot harder than I thought.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Jess- I love it! I think it looks perfect! :)

We have our tasting tonight with the new caterer..... I am REALLY hoping we love it since we already told the other caterer to hit the road!

• For my shower where I live now (the one in March), I was thinking a bottle of wine she likes and a custom wine glass?

For the shower back home, there is some drama going on with the hostess' so I don't even know if they are going to be throwing the shower for me. If they don't my SIL will and I will probably get her a Pandora charm.
  • Love it Jess!!

Last night we got our custom napkins we had ordered and I LOVE them!! They're even better than I was hoping for. I custom designed them with the quote and For Your Party was so amazing. They thought the font could be bigger, and call me to ask if they could adjust it! So glad they did! They're perfect.

I also started working on the first of our 2 different kinds of drink stirrers. I ran out of ribbon, so I only got about 40 done, but I really like how they're turning out!

I'm going to start our paper straws with the flags tonight!

Our invitations should be ready soon too!

Since the lighting meeting last week was a bust, we're going to see what our tent company can do in terms of lighting since we don't want anything fancy. We really like them and they're so easy to deal with that it'd be great to just have to worry about them.

My mom talked to a lady that she works with that used to make cakes professionally, and she's getting back to us on Monday with pricing and more details. Hopefully this will work out and not be too expensive!

This weekend while I was home with mom I got a lot of our DIY supplies, but I also found something I never thought I would. I have an inspiration picture of a mirror with a menu written on it...we'll I found the exact same mirror!! It was on sale too! Originally $80 and I got it for $27!

Inspiration:

My mirror:

• Kelsey- Everything looks GREAT!!
  • That all looks awesome Kelsey, I love the mirror!

Ash I would love that as gift!
  • Those are both really good gifts! Surprisingly I'm unsure of the Etiquette for this, my friend's parents are Hosting, as we are using their house.  MOH is doing a lot of the work (I think my Mom is helping because they live near each other and my MOH is in school and super busy) and another BM is doing the RSVPs. Should I get both of them a small gift too? I was leaning towards yes, but wasn't sure.  Also, I obviously don't know much about the shower so the other BMs might be helping too. 
  • Midgie I love the hair!

We got the mugs from http://www.personalized-engraved-gift.com/ which was by far the most reasonably priced place. And the mugs turned out great!
  • Oh my goodness, I love that mirror!
  • I'm in the same spot Meg...I have no idea who is doing what or what is going on.  I only know date, time and place and nothing else.  I also would like to know what the good etiquette is in terms of gifts!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wednesday-checks-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:07cf0723-57ca-4564-9c4d-af173074cf0cPost:b165fae0-8a9f-4968-8618-a1be0b53d77a">Re: Wednesday Checks!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my goodness, I love that mirror!
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! :) 
    We're going to hang it above the buffet in our dining "area" before the wedding so we get lots of use out of it's prettiness! I'm planning on using something that I can wipe off to write on it so we can use it post-wedding as well.</div>
  • edited February 2012
    Kelseyyyy, Shan and I are asking you etiquette advice! Please help! And terrific find on that mirror, everything looks great!

I just want to do the right thing and would rather get a small gift for someone who didn't do a whole lot than nothing for someone I thought didn't help but actually did. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wednesday-checks-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:07cf0723-57ca-4564-9c4d-af173074cf0cPost:647821b5-e285-4a8c-a4bf-102718032f69">Re: Wednesday Checks!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just ordered some BM gifts, got small purses in different colors I thought each of them would like and also got really cute personalized heart necklaces.  Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

Meg, do you have a site for the necklaces? I'm having a hard time finding something like that for my BMs.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wednesday-checks-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:07cf0723-57ca-4564-9c4d-af173074cf0cPost:0f5323a4-0ca0-44aa-9545-65b4fc4508b9">Re: Wednesday Checks!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Checks!! : Meg, do you have a site for the necklaces? I'm having a hard time finding something like that for my BMs.
    Posted by tyleet87[/QUOTE]

<div><a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/85928124/bridesmaid-gift-package-5-sterling?ref=cat_gallery_13" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">THIS</a> was the only thing I found that seemed to fit what I wanted. Make sure you check out the picture of the model wearing it though, because they are teeny tiny, which I loved.  You can get silver or gold, as many or few as you need.  I happen to have 5 BMs so this package worked perfectly for me!</div>
  • My checks:
    - Last night FI narrowed down about 20 options I had for invites down to 3.  I'm doing some work on them tonight then we will talk about them again.
    - bought table runners from linentablecloth.  I got 25 for only $40 including shipping!  they are royal blue satin. 
    Anniversary
  • I plan on getting more than one invite done tonight... let's see if it happens or not.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wednesday-checks-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:07cf0723-57ca-4564-9c4d-af173074cf0cPost:62479ff7-a432-4bd1-9756-9d3cd43f2343">Re: Wednesday Checks!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kelseyyyy, Shan and I are asking you etiquette advice! Please help! And terrific find on that mirror, everything looks great! I just want to do the right thing and would rather get a small gift for someone who didn't do a whole lot than nothing for someone I thought didn't help but actually did. 
    Posted by Megbo2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Where?! I'm clearly going blind these days. It's probably because my left eye's started twitching from stress. baha</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: I would definitely get them a little something Even if it's just a $15/20 gift card to their favorite store and a thank you note. It's really the thought and time taken to thank them for doing something nice that matters most to people.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wednesday-checks-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:07cf0723-57ca-4564-9c4d-af173074cf0cPost:42206ebb-d98d-448b-ba8c-ca0604acaf82">Re: Wednesday Checks!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday Checks!! : Where?! I'm clearly going blind these days. It's probably because my left eye's started twitching from stress. baha
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha no worries, didn't specifically page you but I feel like usually you know everything about it. We are wondering about Host gifts for showers, who gets one, etc since generally we don't know much about who planned what.</div>
  • You could also wait and get them something after the fact. Like get something for the people you know are hosting and give them to them after the shower's over (after everyone else has left) and then get the smaller gifts for the people you weren't positive were involved until after you know who did what.

• browner3browner3 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    My checks for the last few days

-finally finished the card box.

(I can't figure out why it keeps posting sideways, sorry)

-ordered postage from zazzle for rsvp, thank you cards, and invitations.
     (I know an unnecessary expense, but I'm a person that looks at the postage on envelopes when I get them so I want mine to be cohesive even if no one else cares)
    -picked up our chargers from Michael's that had to be specially ordered
    -started punching out the flower shapes so I can make something similar to this:

Only mine will be ivory paper with green pearl push pins (just waiting on the pins to arrive)

Our invites and enclosures should arrive tomorrow from catprint.  SOOO excited to finally put everything together.
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge: Invitations
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Planning Updated 02.08.12
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 134 Invited!
    image 94 Are making the trek South
    image 39 Won't be able to make it
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • edited February 2012
    I also just made the template for our paper straw flags. Hopefully they'll print out well and I can post pictures of some completed straws tomorrow!

Do y'all like the wording/look or do you have other suggestions?! I love getting y'alls input!

ETA: Can y'all even read that? There are 2 "flags" per row. 
    One side says:
    kelsey  <3   brandon
    and the other says:
    celebrate
  • Kelsey- I think that is SOOOO cute! I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards