Connecticut

What is the average cost of officiants?

I was actually surprised by some of the prices. I got a quote of $1550 for someone. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Re: What is the average cost of officiants?

• I paid $100 for a JP for my first wedding 6 years ago. This time around, it's a church wedding, the priest is included at $700. So $1550 is quite high, IMO.
    image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im having a church wedding and my fee is $550 (including the organist). I agree with PP, that seems high!
  • Agree with PPs, that's high. Our JOP was under $500 for the rehearsal and ceremony, plus she took some pictures and a video. 
  • I think ours is $125 for just the ceremony
  • edited July 2012

We are having the wedding ceremony at our church it's $500...includes rehearsal and 4 pre-marital counseling sessions.

• we're paying $500 and that was on the higher side since we're having him travel from Mystic to New Haven.  $1550 seems pretty high, but it really depends on what you're getting for that money.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker

We got married in our church & I think it was aroun $250ish but after the rest of the costs (organist, clean up  etc.) it came to around $500.

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • we paying 200 for rehersal and ceremony. just go to the town and find one, they will have a list of them all in the area. Alot of jps like to up the price and say its because they "personalize" it but they all will do that.
  • For the rehearsal and ceremony my JP is going to cost $125.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my jp is going to be about $450 but charges just $200 for ceremony but I want him to do the rehersal. music and coordinate so those were the  upcharges

Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Wow! Everyone here seems to have much cheaper prices. I am not sure what is included yet, bc I need to see if he is available for my date. I really want this pastor! Yikes! I thought that number lookedd pretty high! Ahhh! 

Thanks for the info everyone! I hope a ton is included or we will have to settle for someone else which sucks :(
  • wow, $1500 is way too high
    abc
  • 275 for just the ceremony.... We are not having a rehersal since we are not having a wedding party. WE are though meeting at her place for free to discuss the ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards