Canada-Alberta

Ceremony sites in Lethbridge

Does anyone know of any ceremony sites available in Lethbridge that aren't too expensive.  We don't mind a church wedding but it would have to be non-denominational and we don't want to be forced to attend classes prior to the wedding.  We've looked into the College Drive Community Church where we can bring our own officiant but the cost just to rent the church is $800, that seems like a lot to me.  We've already booked the Coast Hotel for the reception. I'd love to have the ceremony at the Galt but they don't rent out for "ceremony only" on Saturdays for June, July, August and September.

Our wedding isn't until September 2012 but I'm starting to worry that we won't find a decently priced place.

We don't want to have an outdoor wedding either...

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Ceremony sites in Lethbridge

• edited December 2011
    I'm not from Lethbridge so I don't have any concrete ideas for you but maybe start looking into venues that don't seem like typical wedding ceremony venues.  Especially if you're going to have JOP do a civil ceremony for you, any space can make a beautiful ceremony site.  Restaurants, bars, art galleries, and other public spaces can be decorated nicely for a ceremony.
  • kittieikittiei member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! That is a great idea. I've emailed a few places in town that I can think of, hopefully something will pan out.
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to recommend either the Galt or Norland B&B but I see that those won't work for you. Have you booked your photographer yet? Seeing as how they go to lots of weddings, they might have some recs for you. 
    Is there a different room at the Coast you could book? I can't really think of any alternative wedding ceremony locations. The SAAG maybe? Not sure what it's like there though. 
  • kittieikittiei member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, both the Galt and the Norland don't do just ceremonies during the summer months unfortunately.  We managed to get the same room at the Coast though, so we can have the ceremony there and then the reception.  They need 2 hours in between to switch the room over though.  That will give us time for photos but I'm not sure what our guests will do during that time.

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • dionne72dionne72 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you try city hall they have a nice foyer. We were going to get married there but they are booked on the day of our wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if you or your fiance have any connection to U of L, but they have some beautiful spots. The University Theatre would be a unique choice, and i'm sure they'd be willing if it was during the summer! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards