Maine

Who makes the best whoopie pies in Maine?

Besides all you ladies of course.  :) 

I had wanted to incorporate whoopie pies somewhere but we already have a favor and I didn't want to put them the OOT bags.  I was thinking of ordering some whoopie pies from a Maine bakery and then mailing them out a week or two prior to our event to our guests with some sort of "let's get excited to go to Maine" message.  My guest list is 60 people and that equates to 24 invitations so this would be feasible for me, especially as this would be after the RSVP's are in and only for guests who are definitely coming.  I would send one or two whoopie pies per address, depending on how many people live there, rather than one per person. 

Silly idea?  My FI will call me crazy, but think it would be so much FUN to receive something like that in the mail!  So for you Maine ladies, who makes the best Whoopie Pies?  Where should I get them from?
Married 9.4.11

Re: Who makes the best whoopie pies in Maine?

• edited December 2011
    wicked whoopies.  duh :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_whoopie-pies-maine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:048ba078-c935-47c1-94e3-150ddc51c39fPost:eb3eb597-d180-4cdb-9d06-eb3c1589f93f">Re: Who makes the best whoopie pies in Maine?</a>:
    [QUOTE]wicked whoopies.  duh :)
    Posted by slwager[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  BIL brought one of the giant ones as a gift for our housewarming party a few years ago.  It was so good, we didn't want to share!
  • edited December 2011
    Oooooo- you just gave me the idea to do whoopie pies instead of a cake!  FI and I are discussing tonight.  I have never had wicked whoopies, but our families do love our homemade ones!
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me being the allergy queen, I haven't had any whoopie pies in Maine other than the one's I've made myself. 

....that all being said, YOU HAVE THE BEST IDEAS EVER. I love, love, love this idea! I would be psyched to get them in the mail a few weeks beforehand! Such a thoughtful touch. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    I've only had them from this one place in Portland that makes them vegan (I heard they sometimes have lard, and I'm vegetarian), but I love love love your idea.  
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like Wicked Woopies it is!  Maybe I'll have to order some to "test".  haha! 

I'm glad you guys like the idea.  I am trying to think of the kind of impact the money I spend will have.  $100 doing this will have a lot more impact thank another $100 on decorations or on a different appetizer or something like that.  At least I think it will.

Oh, and Plato - 2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG!  Smile
    Married 9.4.11
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the idea!
  • edited December 2011
    Awww, thanks amshaw!  They do ship and said they are good for 2 weeks but for something like 6 months if you freeze them.  They are all individually wrapped too.  I'll probably order them in a month or so and pop them in the freezer.  My RSVP date is August 4th, so I'll probably send them out a week or so after that date.  If I don't eat them all first.....lol!

Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    Wicked whoopies is excellent, especially thier whopp dee doos.  Also, don't order them online, they are really expensive that way.  They have locations in Freeport and Farmingdale and run 6 for $9.00.  If you order online you get a dozen for $26.00.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow Flickr, thanks for the heads up!  I'm actually going to be up in Freeport this summer with my father to go on a kayak trip, so I'll stop buy and bring them home from there!  Thanks!
    Married 9.4.11
  • JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the whoopie pies from Pineland farms.
  • edited December 2011
      We used Wicked Whoopies for our favors.  Their Mini's were adorable!  They were also very yummy and the company was easy to deal with.
  • jill1015jill1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PIZZA GOURMET IN HAMPDEN, MAINE...right outside of bangor...they are BIG too...and SOOOOOO good....and reasonably priced...
    number is 862-6900, i promise you wont be dissapointed!!!!!
  • Maine PlannerMaine Planner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Local baker - might give you better prices for them!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards