Favors

Welcome Baskets

So, a large portion of our guest list (75-80%) are OOT. FI and I decided a nice gesture would be to put welcome baskets in their hotel rooms. We're going to include a card welcoming them and inviting them to join us for our gift-opening the next day (lunch provided). What would, or did, you put in your baskets? TIA!

Re: Welcome Baskets

• We are dong "baskets" for our guest but they will not actually be baskets I havent decided what I am going to put them iin.
    We are going to include gift certificates for people to use to eat at local "favorite" restraunts while they are in town and a small gift. Since most people are driving taking things back isnt a big deal but if your guest are flying you may want to take it into consideration.
    Our city has a place that will actually buid gift baskets with local stuff for you. You may see if you have a place like this.
    Ours will have skyline chili(cincinnati chili place) Grippos chips (made here in Cincy) and something that is like a tourist gift from the city like flying pig cards or cincinnati mug or something that says were they were.
    We are also including fun facts about the places we are providing gift cards for and why we love them. An of coursse a thank you for coming letter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We are going to do welcome bags, not baskets.  Most of our guests will be flying, so we are trying to focus on things that they can use while they are visiting, like bottled water, small snacks like granola bars or trail mix, gum, mints, weekend itinerary, and maybe a brochure of the city with coupons and maps (we can get for free from the chamber of commerce).  
    DSC_9275
  • Thanks. I use the term "baskets" lightly. They probably will be small-ish gift bags. Thanks for the ideas!
  • I've been going back and forth about whether to do welcome bags for out of town guests.  We decided not to block hotel rooms because our ceremony/reception venue is right downtown with a lot of hotel options within walking distance.  Given that most of our guests are likely going to just go to Expedia or Orbitz to find the cheapest rate and book at one of the many hotels, we thought signing a contract that requires you to fill a certain percentage (one of the hotels was 90%) wasn't a good idea.

I'm not sure how I even go about finding which hotel each guest has booked to do welcome bags... It doesn't seem feasible other than for family members that I've spoken to already.  Should we just go without them?  Is it rude not to have them?

thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_welcome-baskets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:58a4c0d0-7387-40bd-857b-3fb8c3544f93Post:22489ecf-348b-4a98-8aab-f0c2009c682c">Re: Welcome Baskets</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been going back and forth about whether to do welcome bags for out of town guests.  We decided not to block hotel rooms because our ceremony/reception venue is right downtown with a lot of hotel options within walking distance.  Given that most of our guests are likely going to just go to Expedia or Orbitz to find the cheapest rate and book at one of the many hotels, we thought signing a contract that requires you to fill a certain percentage (one of the hotels was 90%) wasn't a good idea. I'm not sure how I even go about finding which hotel each guest has booked to do welcome bags... It doesn't seem feasible other than for family members that I've spoken to already.  Should we just go without them?  Is it rude not to have them? thanks!
    Posted by amandalfox[/QUOTE]

Definitely not rude. We just thought this would be a nice something extra, but all of our guests are staying in a block at the hotel where we're having our reception. If you'd have to run around the city, and call everyone to ask their hotel, I'd just go without.
  • We are doing OOT bags.. we'll put in a thank you note, some necessities, and info for the weekend along with a few goodies and edible treats. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards