Snarky Brides

TGIF! Ladies!

I am SO glad this week is over, bring on the relaxation.

What do you ladies have planned this weekend?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: TGIF! Ladies!

• I have a meeting at the local nordic ski club. There's no snow yet (but we did have a hard frost this morning), but we can hike the beautiful trails around the club between sessions.

Planning to paint dd's bedroom, if the paint store has the right base. They were out of it last weekend when I went to pick it up.

And (*sigh) I've got a bunch of paperwork on students that needs to be done, so I should get on that. I'm also thinking that I should bite the bullet and start Christmas shopping.

Really though, all I want to do is out regular supper out tonight and spend all weekend napping and reading. That's SO not gonna happen!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning! Not much planned this weekend except cleaning and lesson plans. Same old, same old. I'm mostly just looking forward to sleeping in.

Last night H and I had fun watching Whisky go from this:

To This:

Made a huge mess, but it was totally worth it. He also went back and did it again, because apparently he doesn't learn from his mistakes.
  • Sesh-that is so funny!

Jcb-I want to go to a festival.Maybe I'll make husband take me next weekend.
  • Great pic, Shesh! I used to have a dog who drank rootbeer from Wendys - as far as he could get his snot into the cup!

I miss that dog. He was awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sesh, did you see there is a $7 Groupon for the zoo?  And Groupon is doing $5 off purchases this weekend, too.

Morning all!  H and I are going to the football game tomorrow then probably doing some things around the house on Sunday.  I want to paint our kitchen but I know H will put up a fight.

I bought these (<--clicky) yesterday and they will be delivered today.  Thank you Zappos for your awesome free overnight shipping!  I can't wait to go home and try them on!  
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4c84b5ce-817a-45ff-b8bb-65423c00af35Post:389e739f-2eac-46f0-b3ec-1165013aa9e1">Re: TGIF! Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh, did you see there is a $7 Groupon for the zoo?  And Groupon is doing $5 off purchases this weekend, too. Morning all!  H and I are going to the football game tomorrow then probably doing some things around the house on Sunday.  I want to paint our kitchen but I know H will put up a fight. I bought  these  (<--clicky) yesterday and they will be delivered today.  Thank you Zappos for your awesome free overnight shipping!  I can't wait to go home and try them on!  
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Those are awesome Shay. H wants me to have boots like those so bad, but alas my fat calves keep getting in the way.

And now I want to go to the zoo!
  • kd, Franco Sarto makes these as well.  Have you tried something like that? I'm so ready for it to be cold here so I can enjoy them ha ha.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'd love to go to the zoo again, but I just don't have time right now. Plus all my extra fun money is going to either Christmas gifts or the credit card.

I wish I could find boots that fit. None fit my calves and they end up sticking out weird.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4c84b5ce-817a-45ff-b8bb-65423c00af35Post:7971f29e-9f7f-4746-b1a9-ddf26c737379">Re: TGIF! Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]kd, Franco Sarto makes  these  as well.  Have you tried something like that? I'm so ready for it to be cold here so I can enjoy them ha ha.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

No, I ordered on pair last year from 6PM and couldnt get it past my calf let alone with jeans on. The circumfrance on those are 16, I still think they'd be too small.
  • Good morning!

We are leaving in the morning for our fall trip/last camping trip of the season.  So far the weather looks good, but September in Colorado is iffy and we could get snowed on.  Which would be fine in our new tent trailer - I just need to make sure I pack the long underwear, gloves, and hats.  And wine.

ExH called yesterday to arrange a trip for DD1 to visit him, and complained that he found out his next exW announced her engagement.  Dude, don't complain to me - you dumped me on my a$$$ and married her (15 years our junior), and you had a borderline DV relationship with her..  I don't want to hear your angst about her subsequent marriage.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4c84b5ce-817a-45ff-b8bb-65423c00af35Post:2cbb072d-1940-497a-97b8-46c5385bd5b3">Re: TGIF! Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! We are leaving in the morning for our fall trip/last camping trip of the season.  So far the weather looks good, but September in Colorado is iffy and we could get snowed on.  Which would be fine in our new tent trailer - I just need to make sure I pack the long underwear, gloves, and hats.  And wine. ExH called yesterday to arrange a trip for DD1 to visit him, and complained that he found out his next exW announced her engagement.  Dude, don't complain to me - you dumped me on my a$$$ and married her (15 years our junior), and you had a borderline DV relationship with her..  I don't want to hear your angst about her subsequent marriage.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Men are a-holes sometimes. My ex complains to me about his last 2 wives since me too. You're the idiot that married them!

Have fun on your trip, I'll think of you as I get my massage tomorrow and sleep in my warm bed afterwards. Oh and I can pee in my toilet ;)

LOVE YOU!
  • Love you too!!  I'll think of you as I sit on the Throne, with a scenic view of some mountain or other.  I'll post a pic next week.  8-)
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2012

Sesh, that's hysterical.  What was in the cup?

Les, that guy has some serious huevos to complain to you about that.  Or maybe he's just an idiot.  He blew it with you so I'll assume that latter is true. 

No exciting plans for me this weekend.  I'm on a mission to use what's in the freezer so I'll take inventory tomorrow morning and figure out what I have to work with.  And I'm hoping to get my darling husband to take me on a long overdue date. 

• I'm so glad it's the weekend. 

We were talking originally about going to the lake today, but I was hoping not to, since I feel like I have had no time to do anything around the house all week. I'll be relieved to catch up on everything today, so I can relax tomorrow.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tgif-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4c84b5ce-817a-45ff-b8bb-65423c00af35Post:a9bcef69-ba9e-412f-befc-b2f419bedc38">Re: TGIF! Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh, that's hysterical.  What was in the cup? Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

It's the store-brand version of Ramen noodles, chicken flavor. Whisky goes nuts for it. There was hardly anything left, just a few noodles, a tiny bit of broth, and a few of the veggies. But, he wanted it. He got it, just all over his face.
  • Afternoon everyone!!  FI and I leave this afternoon for Traverse City (where he's from) for our 2 wedding showers this weekend!  While we're up there, this AMAZING brewery (Short's) is putting on a bluegrass and beer festival, with free shuttles!  So I hope we get a chance to check that out tomorrow night - we probably can't do that tonight since it's a 4 hour drive from our house to TC.

And Shay those boots are so adorable!!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Afternoon all :)

Sesh - Kitty is funny =)

Agenda for this weekend - Keeping sane around the ILs  when we do dinner with them tomorrow night for FIs bday. They are crazy but I won't get into them now haha

Sunday we are going out for dinner with a bunch of friends and fam so we'll be pretty busy haha.

Tonight is cleaning night. Yippee!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards