Connecticut

Hair Stylist Rec?

Does anyone have a hair stylist recommendation? I am obviously way behind the ball on this, but hopefully I can find someone that is available. We are getting ready in East Hampton, CT at a lakehouse. It is a long story, but I did not really budget for this, as it was supposed to be a trade, so price is something I will take into consideration.... not just for myself, but for my bridal party that was told the hair will be free. I am already paying for their weekend lodging, so I am unable to add the hair to the bill :(

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks for reading all of this!

Re: Hair Stylist Rec?

• I loved Lauren w/ Dana Bartone...they're out of Cheshire, but will travel.  I wouldn't say they were super affordable, but I thought it was worth it...my girls all looked great, and Lauren and Dana (she did make-up), were fun to hang out with while we were getting ready. 

• diane from stuido ten in berlin she is amazing she did my moms hair my hair and my sisters hair for my brothers wedding we paid around $75 for the three of us and my hair was a half up half down hairdoo with big fat curls. she also does my cuts and colors and is amazing  i have been seeing her since i was 15 about 16 years now. 832-8030.call and ask for diane 
  • i like dana bartone as well. or larissaYellWink
  • I used Naomi's.  Although I don't get my hair done in East Hampton I live there and there are quite a few salons in town.  Unfortunately I don't know who to recommend, but I have a neighbor that works at Headliners (not sure if she does updos).  I've gotten my nails done at Outer Limits Salon once and the hairdressers there seem to be pretty good.  Google it and try giving a few of them a call.

• Thank you everyone. I am going to look into all of these options! I appreciate your suggestions!!
  • It's not anywhere near east hampton, but I am using my regular hairstylish Charlene Elizabeth (wallingford, CT).  She owns her own business and I know her saturdays are usually devoted to weddings anyway, so she might travel.  I will say I also considered Dana Bartone, but they wanted a $200 travel fee (and I only live 1 town over from cheshire) so I thought that was a little ridiculous.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hair-stylist-rec?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:72762496-9ae4-458f-a02c-5b21eeb3db2cPost:e201905a-dbdf-4a13-bcea-1cab2a94d88f">Re: Hair Stylist Rec?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not anywhere near east hampton, but I am using my regular hairstylish Charlene Elizabeth (wallingford, CT).  She owns her own business and I know her saturdays are usually devoted to weddings anyway, so she might travel.  I will say I also considered Dana Bartone, but they wanted a $200 travel fee (and I only live 1 town over from cheshire) so I thought that was a little ridiculous.
    Posted by SB1512[/QUOTE]

Seriously?  They only charged me $85 and that was to go to New Haven.  
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hair-stylist-rec?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:72762496-9ae4-458f-a02c-5b21eeb3db2cPost:e201905a-dbdf-4a13-bcea-1cab2a94d88f">Re: Hair Stylist Rec?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not anywhere near east hampton, but I am using my regular hairstylish Charlene Elizabeth (wallingford, CT).  She owns her own business and I know her saturdays are usually devoted to weddings anyway, so she might travel.  <strong>I will say I also considered Dana Bartone, but they wanted a $200 travel fee (and I only live 1 town over from cheshire) so I thought that was a little ridiculous.
    </strong>Posted by SB1512[/QUOTE]

Weird... they traveled all the way to Monroe for my wedding, and it cost far less than that. In fact, their travel fee was the least expensive of all the salons I reached out to which is a big reason why I chose them.

OP- I also used Lauren from Dana Bartone & Co. for hair and loved her! She did an amazing job and was really nice.
    imageAnniversary
  • SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hair-stylist-rec?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:72762496-9ae4-458f-a02c-5b21eeb3db2cPost:d2020eeb-c1be-42ec-8817-a9da0b1b134d">Re: Hair Stylist Rec?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hair Stylist Rec? : Weird... they traveled all the way to Monroe for my wedding, and it cost far less than that. In fact, their travel fee was the least expensive of all the salons I reached out to which is a big reason why I chose them. OP- I also used Lauren from Dana Bartone & Co. for hair and loved her! She did an amazing job and was really nice.
    Posted by Mona8[/QUOTE]

So ooops, totally a typo on my part.  I thought I put $100 for travel fee, not $200!  I still thought that was crazy expensive though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards