Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Photo book troubles...

Ladies, 
I am having some issues with our photo book and was wondering how many revisions you made once you got your first proof?  We are not happy with our book and are basically being told we can make one more set of revisions.  This makes us very uncomfortable.  What are your thoughts?

FYI...the initial product was nothing like we wanted...the first revision was much better but still had alot of issues...we are now on revision number two and are basically being told this is it.

Re: Photo book troubles...

• Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's typical...my photographer also has rules about this (I believe)

Usually you can pay for more revisions (it IS their time, so that's why they ask for that).  I guess if you are still unhappy after another revision, I'd ask about his/her rate per additional edit and then make a decision.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were you made aware of this beforehand?  Also, did they ask you what style you were looking for or any questions for that matter prior to the first proof?
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was aware...it's in my contract.  Here's what my contract says:

14. Album Revisions: The Client is entitled to two (2) rounds of revisions to the Custom Album design completed by *photographer's name*. Additional album edits can be performed for $100 per round of revisions.

She doesnt ask what I want the album to look like either...

Check your contract! If there isn't a clause in there I think you have grounds to be annoyed and negotiate.  But I don't think it's atypical behavior from a photog.  I'm sorry this is causing you stress :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards