Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Alterations- HELP!!!

I purchases my dress at David's Bridal and am in need of having alterations done such as bustle for train pulling up straps and sewn in bra to give a a "lift" to my less than ample chest. I have heard nightmare stories about David's. I am in New Orleans.Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Re: Alterations- HELP!!!

• Options
    edited January 2012
    I purchases my dress at David's Bridal and am in need of having alterations done such as bustle for train pulling up straps and sewn in bra to give a a "lift" to my less than ample chest. I have heard nightmare stories about David's. I am in New Orleans.Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!
  • Options
    I'm getting mine done by a lady named Babs who works out of Kenner from home.  She's great!  If you want her contact info, let me know!
  • Options
    I need someone alos, if you don't mind sharing her contact info.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Just a heads up -- I bought my dress from David's as well and didn't trust them to do the alterations.  (I wouldn't recommend the seamstress that  I used.)  Anyway, when I tried to bring my dress to David's right before the wedding to get steamed, they refused to do it because they didn't do the alterations, which of course no one told me that would be the case when I purchased the dress.  I had to really scramble to get the dress steamed at a drycleaners. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Is there a place reasonably close to the quarter where I can get my dress steamed? I will probably be flying or driving with it in a garment bag and I think it will be a crumpled mess.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards