Snarky Brides

He wants to wear what?!

My darling fiance, is fantastic...except when it comes to what he wants to wear on our wedding day. First it was a yellow and purple dumb and dumber suit..Were a quirky pair so i could deal with it. Last week after he searched for a dumb and dumber suit in his size through various vendors he in all seriousness suggested wearing a CLOWN SUIT!..im terrified of clowns, absolutly terrified and he knows it. So after more deliberations and a little bridezilla moment on my end he came to me yesterday with the grand idea of a BATMAN SUIT!..the costume including cape..seriously!. I said he can wear a batman shirt underneath, a batman tie, cufflinks and socks..that was as far as i was going..It is not a costume wedding, it is a semi formal/country/diy wedding..where does batman fit in that? >.<
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: He wants to wear what?!

• Was he being serious? Because I can't imagine he was completely serious about wearing a Batman costume to his wedding.
  • I think your FI is messing with you, if this isn't completely a fake situation.

At any rate, Batman is hot.  Just kinda hard to pin a boutinierre on the batsuit, kwim?
    panther
  • He's definitely screwing with you... IF you aren't screwing with us by posting this.
  • Oh, if he is for real, make sure he wears George Clooney's Batsuit. Gotta get the nips in.
  • So you were OK with the purple and yellow suit?

imageVacation
  • Tell him he should dress as Bruce Wayne for your wedding.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_he-wants-to-wear-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:79413032-472e-4aa8-b1f5-aa97e47ca866Post:4f2d2e82-9d41-47f0-98f2-36291c1fc08c">Re: He wants to wear what?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell him he should dress as Bruce Wayne for your wedding.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>::like::</div>
  • I'm guessing that either you're screwing with us, or he's screwing with you.

But if this is for real, then your FI is a major asshole for wanting to wear a clown suit knowing full well that you're terrified of them. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_he-wants-to-wear-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:79413032-472e-4aa8-b1f5-aa97e47ca866Post:4f2d2e82-9d41-47f0-98f2-36291c1fc08c">Re: He wants to wear what?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell him he should dress as Bruce Wayne for your wedding.
    Bruce Wayne for the wedding, Batman for the reception. It's a win win, really. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At least Batman is one of the good guys.  You'd be up shiit creek if your FI wanted to dress up as the Joker for your wedding.  That would be one chaotic mess of a wedding.
    panther
  • OMG, Mrs. Batman.  *dies*
    panther
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_he-wants-to-wear-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:79413032-472e-4aa8-b1f5-aa97e47ca866Post:5d9c2960-a72b-40ee-9b5d-e81f78a2a74b">Re: He wants to wear what?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]At least Batman is one of the good guys.  You'd be up shiit creek if your FI wanted to dress up as the Joker for your wedding.  That would be one chaotic mess of a wedding.

They couldn't find a purple suit in his size though.  Otherwise, all bets are off.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• The more we talk this out, I'm failing to see how him dressing as Batman is a bad idea at all, really. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • overcomefame:  I am totally texting that Batman photo to my friends as we speak!  Awesome!

As for the groom?  If he 'really' wants to be Batman at his wedding, I agree with ILoveMilkDuds.  Why half ass it?  Go whole-hog and have a theme wedding!  I'd bet a Lasso of Truth would make an excellent favor. 
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_he-wants-to-wear-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:79413032-472e-4aa8-b1f5-aa97e47ca866Post:63116883-1062-4b38-b690-4d959123d7fc">He wants to wear what?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My darling fiance, is fantastic...except when it comes to what he wants to wear on our wedding day. First it was a yellow and purple dumb and dumber suit..Were a quirky pair so i could deal with it. Last week after he searched for a dumb and dumber suit in his size through various vendors he in all seriousness suggested wearing a CLOWN SUIT!..im terrified of clowns, absolutly terrified and he knows it. So after more deliberations and a little bridezilla moment on my end he came to me yesterday with the grand idea of a BATMAN SUIT!..the costume including cape..seriously!. I said he can wear a batman shirt underneath, a batman tie, cufflinks and socks..that was as far as i was going..It is not a costume wedding, it is a semi formal/country/diy wedding..where does batman fit in that? />.<
    Posted by SmithJonesWedding2012[/QUOTE]

I call bullsh*t.

ANY- OMG I love  that photo- you looked stunning!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I think Dmiller meant to say BRuce Wayne at the wedding, Batman in the bedroom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_he-wants-to-wear-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:79413032-472e-4aa8-b1f5-aa97e47ca866Post:048c91bb-94d0-4daf-8e81-1e095e0471f9">Re: He wants to wear what?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Dmiller meant to say BRuce Wayne at the wedding, Batman in the bedroom.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

<div>I would think that armored suit would be a little hard to rip off though.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_he-wants-to-wear-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:79413032-472e-4aa8-b1f5-aa97e47ca866Post:f5b087ba-784c-4110-a90a-d76f6d8ef790">Re: He wants to wear what?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He wants to wear what?! : I would think that armored suit would be a little hard to rip off though.
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

Who needs to rip it off?  lol
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_he-wants-to-wear-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:79413032-472e-4aa8-b1f5-aa97e47ca866Post:f5b087ba-784c-4110-a90a-d76f6d8ef790">Re: He wants to wear what?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He wants to wear what?! : I would think that armored suit would be a little hard to rip off though.
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

But imagine all the goodies he could put in his utility belt...
  • LaBellaVita23LaBellaVita23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Are you seriously at the point in planning where you can't take a joke?  He's messing with you.  Unless he dresses up as superheros on a regular basis, why would you think he would for his wedding?

FWIW, my husband kept telling me he was going to rent a green tux.  Did he?  No.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_he-wants-to-wear-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:79413032-472e-4aa8-b1f5-aa97e47ca866Post:aa58e432-ce93-4f3a-ba07-ab9c9179cebc">Re: He wants to wear what?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: He wants to wear what?! : Word. Batman has so many cool gadgets I'm sure he has a button he can press for <strong>easy access to his robin</strong>. No need to pry the suit off.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]
    I've now found the male equivalent to the Britney.
  • sonofabitch, dot, that picture might just be the first thing I've seen that has given me wedding regret. I think imma need a do-over. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • He was being 100 serious when he asked me if any of these would be an option he dresses in a purple velvet pimp suit for his senior dinner..The dumb and dumber suit is something he wanted to do for his senior prom but wasn't then able to afford it..I got it, it was something he wanted to do but wasn't able to then..I don't know where the clown suit came from, considering he knows my fear of them he was probably just kidding with me on this one.. I thought about the superhero teeshirts for the guys, but he shot it down almost immediately..he said he wanted it all the way. And I am honestly not making any of this up..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PS..he does dress up as a superhero on a regular basis for all you wondering.. its not just halloween.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well then the answer is simple - as PPs stated, Bruce Wayne for the wedding, Batman for dinner, Batmobile to the hotel after the reception.  Bam. 

You could indulge him by wearing a Catwoman suit.  I bet your FI would love that.
    panther
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_he-wants-to-wear-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:79413032-472e-4aa8-b1f5-aa97e47ca866Post:f69504b3-dc97-421d-9bff-aaa4a5b25d92">Re:He wants to wear what?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS..he does dress up as a superhero on a regular basis for all you wondering.. its not just halloween.

Assuming that this post is real - which I assure you, not many of us think so - if your FI dresses up as a superhero on the regular it is not shocking that he would want to do so at his wedding.  You can't really be all that surprised by this.  Quite frankly I'd probably be more weirded out by being with someone who dresses in superhero garb all the time than just for one day.

Then again, that's just me.
    panther
  • I wish I was at my computer so I could post the picture of him shopping at walmart in his batsuit..I know I don't sound terribly credible, but this is for legit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • At Wal-Mart - of course.  Where else is he going to shop wearing his batsuit.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_he-wants-to-wear-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:79413032-472e-4aa8-b1f5-aa97e47ca866Post:f69504b3-dc97-421d-9bff-aaa4a5b25d92">Re:He wants to wear what?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS..he does dress up as a superhero on a regular basis for all you wondering.. its not just halloween.
    Does he have a job?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards