New York-Long Island
Options

friend Becoming an officiant?

Hello ladies,My FI and I are interested in having our friends mom marry us and want to know how she can become ordained. We are getting married in Carle Place, NY in Long Island and are wondering about the steps to have the wedding be legal. I know there are websites where one can get ordained but is this legit. Has anyone done this or have any advice?thanksKarina

Re: friend Becoming an officiant?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having 2 of our friends preform the ceremony.  I asked my brother (who was interning with matrimony lawyers over the summer) if this is legal in NY.  He said as long as you have a legit marriage license and that they are ordained from a legitimate place (a lot of them on line are scams).  How to find out if an on line site is legit or not?  I don't know yet.  My date is 10.10.10 so I have some time.Worst case we will get married in city hall before the ceremony then have them preform the ceremony (symbolically) the day of the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I'm getting married next June, and I was hoping one of my friends would be the officiant.  Does she need to be a judge or minister?  Do we need to do it "symbolically"?

-Joyce
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards