Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Sorry about the million posts today..

But since you ladies have been so great about listening to my Levi stories, I thought I would start here.  

As those of you who heard his story know, this last winter we found a four week old puppy in a dumpster.  We had been trying to find him a home when he was seriously abused by our roommate, but has recovered 100%.

We never planned on having two dogs.  Honestly, we don't have the time or resources for two dogs, especially Levi, who is a german sheperd/husky mix and at almost seven months is probably a good 65 pounds and growing.  He's an amazing dog with the best spirit, and it kills me to do this, but he needs a good home with more attention and someone who actually knows how to train him.  

I will NOT bring him to the humane society or anything, and I've been trying to put him on craigslist, only to be flagged three minutes after he's on there.

Any suggestions on how to find him a good home?  Anyone know anyone looking for an amazing large breed puppy?  We don't want any $$ for him, just ask we can be updated on his transition and how he's doing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Re: Sorry about the million posts today..

• edited December 2011
    So, um... H and I were just talking about wanting another dog. Hopefully a husky mix. Wanna e-mail me more info about him? :)

Is he up-to-date on shots and stuff? Is everything ok with him medically after the awful experience with your roommate?
  • edited December 2011
    I just emailed you, but it's the gmail with your (I think) maiden name, so I don't know if you'll see it.

In case you don't have my email- steph0871 (at) gmail
  • sbreuersbreuer member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!!  I hate some people on craigslist!!   I wish we could get another!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_sorry-million-posts-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:537d9550-6b04-45b8-a14d-cca61c84e919Post:480edbb4-adff-45a5-b803-9988c5b30255">Re: Sorry about the million posts today..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck!!  I hate some people on craigslist!!   I wish we could get another!
    Posted by sbreuer[/QUOTE]

<div>I usually report dog posts whenever I see them. I've been told by quite a few people in the rescue business to do this.  The reason? Assholes wlll often troll CL for free pet ads to use for dog fighting and/or medical experiments.  :(</div>
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_sorry-million-posts-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:537d9550-6b04-45b8-a14d-cca61c84e919Post:bc65ca1e-ac17-49a8-9789-af6c55d81a5b">Re: Sorry about the million posts today..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sorry about the million posts today.. : I usually report dog posts whenever I see them. I've been told by quite a few people in the rescue business to do this.  The reason? Assholes wlll often troll CL for free pet ads to use for dog fighting and/or medical experiments.  :(
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Yup... my friends and I were just talking about this last weekend!  Even if you ask for a fair price for the dog.

My parents got their dog through "Second Chance Rescue" after getting duped by the Humane Society into getting a pitbull puppy that they listed as a lab mix.  The pitbull puppy was a sweetheart, but they had no way of socializing the dog properly... so they had to return her!  SCR was great and it gave you the chance to talk to the owner of the dog about their personality and how they are around the home.  I'm not sure how they screen potential foster parents, but maybe they'd be able to allow you to put your puppy up for adoption that way, too!

I'd offer to adopt the puppy... but our apartment doesn't allow any pets :(  Best wishes!
  • Jo&Lo83Jo&Lo83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you know this, but under the COMMUNITY forum of craigslist, there is a Pets Section - people have a lot of cats and dogs posted on there. If you put pets in the general for sale category, it will get flagged, but I have posted in the pets section for kittens and been successful. But if you are already posting in pets and getting flagged - that is just not right!  Maybe try the StarTribune?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards