Connecticut

Affordable photographer on Connecticut Shoreline?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have recommendations for a very affordable wedding photographer to shoot our wedding (summer 2013) on the Connecticut Shoreline? We are on a tight budget, but want to have excellent photography.

Experienced art students or apprentices with artistic sensibilities are most welcome!

Thanks for any and all ideas!

Amanda

Re: Affordable photographer on Connecticut Shoreline?

• edited June 2012
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone have recommendations for a very affordable wedding photographer to shoot our wedding (summer 2013) on the Connecticut Shoreline? We are on a tight budget, but want to have excellent photography.

Experienced art students or apprentices with artistic sensibilities are most welcome!

Thanks for any and all ideas!

Amanda
  • edited June 2012
    i say repost on local board for CT
  • What do you consider affordable? Eric Brushett starts around $2,000 www.ericbrushett.com. I would also suggest looking to students from Paier College of Art in Hamden. They have a great photography program and you can probably find someone for $500, however, they may not be as experienced, so there is some risk associated with hiring inexperienced vendors. Hope this helps!! Good luck!
  • Budget photographer is a really tough situation- I'm fully of the opinion that you get what you pay for, and photos are not something to be skimped on. 

We went with Jerome at Studio1923, who takes phenomenal photos. He's extremely talented and worth every penny, in my opinion. He's got an assistant photographer now, who I believe is cheaper to book.

If you're going to hire a photography student or someone who does photography on the side, I highly suggest you ask to see a lot of their pictures. Taking wedding pictures is a lot different than say, nature or portraits. Also make sure you work out a contract that includes how many pictures you'll get, what happens if they don't show up, and other important things. 

Good luck!
  • I've heard from two people that Heather Hudson is an excellent photographer, and is really inexpensive.  I believe she's in the Mystic/New London area.  Haven't gotten to this stage in my own planning yet, but when I do, I plan to check her out.  Also heard of the Jorgensons (they are from Hartford but travel all over the state), but they may be more expensive.  Amazing pictures, though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using HK and love them so far!
  • bella pictures 
    abc
  • SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    HK photography is affordable and they do great work.  FI and I had met with them during our search.  Untimately, we clicked better with another photographer but we really loved their work.
  • I'm using Micheal Dzienis.. He works for a large company but does weddings on the side. I looked through many of his albums and were happy with his work and he was an awesome price. I'd check him out.  http://www.michaeldzienisphotography.com/
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Mia Paige Photography & Fotoriginals--both are great!

www.miapaigephotography.com

www.fotoriginals.com
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Heather Hudson!  She's VERY affordable.  She has done some of my friends weddings and they are beautiful pictures.  She did our e-pics and I LOVED them.  She's also doing our wedding in October.

• We used Bob Hennessey.  Very affordable and did a nice job for us.  We were happy with his work and price!  He is in CT and will travel

http://www.bobhennessyphotography.com/

• I live in Fairfield County, which can be very pricey, but had good luck with Hawk Photography out of Wilton, in terms of keeping it reasonable. Every package is customized and starts at 900. He will travel he said as well. Check out his website.
    ~Soon to be Mrs. Medeiros~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards