Connecticut
Options

Videographers - Help

Since you guys were so helpful for photography  I am hoping you can provide me guidence on how to pick a videographer.  Do you meet with them, and have them provide sample videos or just find one in your price range and internet samples..   Also what is a good price?  Thanks.

Re: Videographers - Help

• Options
    gem6240gem6240 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We called a few and set up appointments.  We were shown clips of videos.  We went with Sureshot Videography... very reasonable
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My sister used Fran Gagnon and once we met at his studio, LOVED him.  Can't wait for him to film our wedding in October!  When we met wtih him, he showed us many many many clips - and it sold us immediately.

• Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_videographers-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:51d9defc-75b7-4137-b593-9b49f809ed51Post:de43d2e6-cab0-4237-9a96-70a3c3ba56ce">Re: Videographers - Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister used Fran Gagnon and once we met at his studio, LOVED him.  Can't wait for him to film our wedding in October!  When we met wtih him, he showed us many many many clips - and it sold us immediately.
    Posted by ali79ger@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

Ditto Fran! He's fantastic! I posted a 1 minute highlight clip from our wedding that he just sent me. We met with 2 videographers and Fran took his time showing us his work, was really professional, etc. etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photographer recommended DL Video Productions and we met with him and saw some of his work.  He considers himself a cinematogrpher because his videos are more like movies.  He books up early (we booked him for our Sept 2012 wedding already).  If you book during an open house you get a great discount.  I highly recommend!  You can see his work on his website:

http://www.dlvideoproductions.com/
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like Lori (and based on her recommendation), I booked DL Productions for Sept 2012 already.  I love their work and am very excited about hiring them!

Be sure to ask anyone you're considering hiring for a full video that they would provide to the bride and groom.  The clips are great for getting an idea of their style, but you need to see the full package of what you'd be delivered.  For one videographer that's quite popular on this board, I was about ready to book him until I saw the full video, which I really didn't like.  So be sure to get the full video and see what you'll be getting!

Oh, and about the price - my original budget was $2000, which seems to be pretty average.  You can find some for less, some for a lot more, but you can definitely get a good videographer around that price.  DL Productions is more, but they're worth it in my opinion.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards